NoVA greetings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treepotato

Reaction score
Short time lurker, figured I'd go ahead and join even though I'm a complete newbie to muzzleloading.

Having hunted with rifles, shotguns, and bows for years I've decided to give smokepoles a shot, so to speak.

Just got a CVA Optima V2 nitride and Nikon scope. Haven't even cleaned out the shipping grease yet. Hope to get to a range over the holidays to start working on load selection.

Thanks in advance for answering silly questions. I'll try to use the search function before rehashing common questions, but may still ask what seem like obvious questions.

Welcome to the forum...what part of N.VA. do hail from...I used to live in Manassas :D

Re: RE: Re: NoVA greetings

slowwalker said:
Welcome to the forum...what part of N.VA. do hail from...I used to live in Manassas :D
We're on the edge of Woodbridge near Hwy 234. I'm lucky to be able to walk to bowhunting land within minutes out our back door...a hidden gem that keeps putting meat in the freezer. I'd like to find a place to use the muzzleloader next season though.

Back in 1986 I used to hunt on the Marine base right down the road from you @ Quantico..You can muzzle load there.. :D

toytruck said:
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley treepotato. Crazy name tho...
Thanks for the welcome. Some people are couch potatoes. I'm happy sitting in a tree stand all day. During hunting season I tend to be a tree potato. I've been called worse. :)

treepotato said:
toytruck said:
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley treepotato. Crazy name tho...
Thanks for the welcome. Some people are couch potatoes. I'm happy sitting in a tree stand all day. During hunting season I tend to be a tree potato. I've been called worse. :)
:lol: :lol: Ok, makes sense now. Any problems just ask, lots of experience and information on this site, again welcome!

well yeah I have been told that next saturday I have to leave my stand and go to a party at my sisters or I can't hunt her land next year. I'm fine with sitting in my stand till I get my deer or the sun disappears which ever comes first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

masakimm said:
well yeah I have been told that next saturday I have to leave my stand and go to a party at my sisters or I can't hunt her land next year. I'm fine with sitting in my stand till I get my deer or the sun disappears which ever comes first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sometimes we make sacrifices for land access. Lol!

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back