Officially back in the DWB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vasmokepole

Reaction score
I was a member of the DWB crew before it was here. Moved away from White’s like a dumb arse. I just acquired a Super 91 in .504 that is shipping this week. Those .451’s are like finding Bigfoot. I did pay more than I wanted but darn that gun is in fantastic shape. Here’s the negative. With the recent weather I may not get it until hunting season!!! I may have to keep lurking and pick another up. I’ll post a pic or two when it arrives.

I did the same thing and have regretted it ever since. Rectifying it as we speak

I was a T/C man from the get go. Still have my .54 Renegade pre QLA. Had a .54 FireHawk pre QLA an like a dummy got the QLA installed, never liked it after that, sold it. Bought a Encore .50 and .45 never really liked them, but killed deer. Then I found Whites an never looked back, sold the Encore both barrels.
I did get a CVA Optima V2 rifle and pistol like them for what they are, but my Whites are here to stay.

Glad you made it back Vasmokepole!! Live an learn right!! :lewis:

I've sold two .451's one a fully custom super safari and one plain super 91 only miss the super safari had it nitride treated beautiful gun I just bought one more super safari stock and will build one more

I sold two 451 Whites myself an M97 & M98. I sure do regret selling them! I also sold a 504 Ultra Mag, but at least I know it went to a good home even though it became a Safe Queen. :rolleyes: :D

I sold two 451 Whites myself an M97 & M98. I sure do regret selling them! I also sold a 504 Ultra Mag, but at least I know it went to a good home even though it became a Safe Queen. :rolleyes: :D
I sold some of them too !

Wow, I`m not the only dummy in the crowd! LOL. I guess a quite a few of us have done that. A good friend of mine and I were having coffee recently and reminisced about this very thing. Oh the Rugers ,Hawkens, Smiths. I just hope we get smarter with age. That said some outlived their usefulness and it was time for new homes for them. Some I miss but im very satisfied at my old age and I do a lot of soul searching before I add or delete from collection. Good day guys!

My son doesn’t hunt and my daughter isn’t old enough to marry yet. Had her latter in life. At some point I’ll sell them all versus my family not knowing what the worth is. Some of my long guns were my father’s. Never thought about that stuff before the hair became silver. I told my wife it’s her turn after my daughter leaves the nest. I have guns that haven’t seen the outside of the safe since the 90’s. My retirement years are going to be a fishing rod and cooler. The rod will be optional!!!

I would like to pick up another .451 at some point. Until then the 91 will see action this fall. By the way my .451 was a Thundebolt. Yea, I know...

My son doesn’t hunt and my daughter isn’t old enough to marry yet. Had her latter in life. At some point I’ll sell them all
wait a minute? How much are a son and daughter going for nowadays? Seems a shame to sell them off. Times must be tuff for you. I can loan you a couple bucks if you just hang on to them till theyre old enuff to work.
:roll:

when " I " acquire my treasures there are two piles, Plan on keeping pile and trading/selling someday pile. The inherited pile has a different set of disposition rules. Some items left before their time, because ammo was impossible to get and had no emotional connection. I weathered a drought of 17 Mach II and 222 rem. to come out on the other side.

Latest posts

Back