Old Timney trigger value

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive got a old MK-85 with a trashed barrel, took it out to try and shoot some conicals in it today and it would keyhole about every 3rd shot w/ 460 gr NO-Excuse at 25 yds and they were all over the place so junking barrel cant even get 2 shots w/o swabbing and still hard to load.
Anyway it has the older 3 way adjustable Timney trigger and I cant find a reference for values on them here, Gunbroker, Ebay or anywhere else..
Anyone have any idea what they are worth? Also have the original hammer with set screw and skinny front end. This is not a for sale ad, asking for info only so please dont p.m me.

I've seen them on ebay for anywhere from $50 up to a ridiculous amount. (some of those folks parting out guns have no clue) Haven't seen as many timney's as the non timneys, and honestly haven't looked much in the last 6 mos at all.
My bro in law just bought a new timney for his centerfire rifle and it was like $100 - granted its not an old mk. Numrich used to sell them also, new... but I don't remember the price. Last I looked there, they didn't have nearly what they used to for Knights... they redid the website and I'm not sure if they just didn't list it all or just don't have it anymore.

What about a good barrel scrub with some JB Bore paste or Iosso paste? I've seen some pretty bad barrels that shot very well after a little bore paste treatment.

What about a good barrel scrub with some JB Bore paste or Iosso paste? I've seen some pretty bad barrels that shot very well after a little bore paste treatment.
Then change the bullet lube. I had horrible results with the NE bullets when I bought a trial pack. I've removed the lube and there ready to pan lube with a better lube. And hopefully better results.

this barrel is one of the worst Ive ever seen, it was completely filled with rust(as in cant see down barrel) when i bought it for parts, spent probably 3 hrs with steel wool/bore brush and kroil.. there is no polishing this to make smooth it feels bumpy when pushing a conical down barrel and when it gets about 4 in from powder it catches and you have to lean on rod to get it to seat..
I just wanted to see if it would shoot before I parted gun out as Ive made several other really badly pitted Knights shoot good enough to hunt with but this is not going to be one of them unfortunately.

The MK Timneys ive seen for sale on auction sites have been for around $50-60. Maybe a few as high as $75. I think those triggers will work in pretty much all the Knight plunger guns. So they would be a nice upgrade for some Wolverine, LK, BK or Bighorn owners.

Back