Omega stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob162

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to remove the factory camo from the synthetic stock? I bought one that has some of the "paint" rubbed off. I wasn't sure if there was a chemical that would strip it off, but not harm the stock underneath.

If your thinking about painting it yourself I wouldn't worry about stripping it completely, just rough up finish prime/paint.. If you feel the need to strip it I would try a citrus stripper which shouldn't harm it.

Has anyone ever tried to remove the factory camo from the synthetic stock? I bought one that has some of the "paint" rubbed off. I wasn't sure if there was a chemical that would strip it off, but not harm the stock underneath.
That hydrodip is tougher than the stock its on . My buddy used to dip stuff as a side job . Good luck gettin it off !!! Sorry but so .....

At least some Citrus strippers will attack plastic, Citristrip will Eat Plastics. I agree with Dean and go with sanding and repainting. Might try to use a finer grit wet/dry and some water on the paper if you don't want to repaint.

Back