One Pellet 50gr

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forrest-hunter

Reaction score
Anyone use 1 50 grain triple seven pellet in optima pistol for deer hunting - will be using 245gr power belt bullet - results

I am experimenting with T7 magnum pellet (50/60) which should have 20% more power than the 50 gr pellet. Trying different bullets until I get some consistent results. I agree with keeping range short for deer hunting. Pretty much same as using a standard 230 gr .45 ACP in a 1911 pistol.

My grandson shot his first doe around 45 Yards with his 451 White M97 with 50gr of 777-3F behind a 345gr HP Gould bullet and she died where she was standing.

The T7 magnum pellet (50/60) produced better more consistent results with 250 gr Shockwave mag express than 1 WH. I picked up a package of T7 Firestar pellets today, since I can get 67 gr equivalence with 2 of the pellets. I think I'll stick with the 250 gr Shockwave Mag Express for testing. They seem to load easier (more slippery) than some others.

Latest posts

Back