Open sight options

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_Wazzu

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently picked up my first ML rifle. It's a MTI model 97 .504 cal. The rifle came with weaver bases and a flip up open rear sight. I want something a little more substantial for a rear sight, whether that is an adjustable open rear or a peep mounted on the rail, etc. I hunt in the northwest and I'm limited to open sights only. I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions? Thank you!

Your rifle should already have the holes for the Lyman, you may have to remove a touch of material on the stock. I had to on my S91

Thanks sdporter, are you talking about where the rails are? I'm assuming I'd have to remove those. It looks like the lyman attaches directly to the receiver.

I’m voting for the Lyman 57 receiver sight as well. I have them on all my Whites. The rail will have to come off. The mounting holes are on the right side of the receiver. As mentioned. You may have to take a little material off the stock for clearance. There is a specific Lyman model that fits the whites. I can’t think of it right off.

That looks nice MM! Good job on the installation. Looks familiar. Hope it’s working out good for you.

Latest posts

Back