Opening Day, Double Play

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today was opening day for Maryland spring gobbler season. I was destined to help get my buddy Barry get his 1st ever turkey at my favorite turkey honey hole. Low and behold we called in 2 toms together to our set up. I told Barry that we both will shoot at the count of 3. Which bird do you want to shoot? Barry said the big one. I snickered due to the fact that the 2 toms were twins. At the count of 3 Barry shot and I watched as one of the birds flopped. The other bird ran about 40 yds and stopped. At that point I put the red dot on his head and we had 2 toms down. It was a great morning for a double play.

As you can see, Barry is all smiles.

kXG60Cs.jpg
efqzGVE.jpg
CWxxj9n.jpg
pUrEymf.jpg
WV517hq.jpg
HBzOlNU.jpg

AWESOME Deal!!! It sure is neat to see the Difference in Turkey’s across the States, We are predominately Merriam's up Here in North Idaho, Lots of White on these Guy’s. We have Rio down in Southern Idaho, And I’ve read through our Fish & Game that we have some Eastern’s here as well, My Dad has killed at least 2 Tom Birds over the Years that he was Confident were Eastern’s

BIG CONGRATS to you guy’s on your Gobblers!!! SUPER COOL :lewis:

Great pictures of a couple to nice birds. Loved the story as well. Nice
Dave

Thanks for all the likes fellas. I believe I got more activity and feed back on this post today than when it was originally posted in April of last year. But hey, I'm not complaining.
What might have triggered it was a post I made yesterday in the Turkey Hunting section of my son killing a gobbler on Easter Sunday. Hear is the link to that post for any who might be interested. Thanks again!
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/easter-day-gobbler.35720/

Back