Opening day success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Regular firearms season opened today. Caught a nice buck chasing a doe. Gave him the business with my grandpa's old savage bolt action 30-30. Guns at least 70 years old. Some old 150grn remington core lok that's got a sticker on the box from a store that closed 30 yrs ago. Nice 10pt. 4.5 yrs old. He was a 8 pt last year, 6 pt frame with the same 2 kickers on the base. Before that a big 4 pt and first set was a spike with brow tines. Cool deer. Glad I got him. Would of loved to see him with another year of growth but where I am ya can't let him pass. It was hard to let him walk last year but now I am glad I did. First time seeing him in person this year. Good year so far 👍

Attachments

• 20221105_082629.jpg
    20221105_082629.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221105_082506.jpg
    20221105_082506.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221105_082346.jpg
    20221105_082346.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Regular firearms season opened today. Caught a nice buck chasing a doe. Gave him the business with my grandpa's old savage bolt action 30-30. Guns at least 70 years old. Some old 150grn remington core lok that's got a sticker on the box from a store that closed 30 yrs ago. Nice 10pt. 4.5 yrs old. He was a 8 pt last year, 6 pt frame with the same 2 kickers on the base. Before that a big 4 pt and first set was a spike with brow tines. Cool deer. Glad I got him. Would of loved to see him with another year of growth but where I am ya can't let him pass. It was hard to let him walk last year but now I am glad I did. First time seeing him in person this year. Good year so far 👍
:thumb:
Enjoy your venison!

Very nice buck, congrats. And with your grandpa's gun too, how cool is that. Using my grandpa's gun to take many deer always put me on top of the world, how you must be feeling too bout now.

That dude has some pretty hardware. Nice job! Love those dark antlers.

Back