Opinions on Burris

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSR

Reaction score
I am looking for a scope with greater than 16x and see some nice options from Burris. How is clarity and how are they in low-light?

Maybe not a good comparison but I have an older Burris Timberline 4x20, that I had on a 12 gauge slug gun. I thought the glass was very good.

Have owned several Burris scopes and fast fires. Comparable to other quality scopes and excellent customer service if needed. I junked a fixed 6x on a 500 S&W Mag Encore. Low lite is good and they are clear. Seems to hold up for years

I have and have had several, great optics, never an issue. Can’t say the same for my Leupold or Bushnell, yes the fixed it, shouldn’t happen though

I've used the older Fullfields and HBR's all made in the US. they were great except for a 4-12X mini which I didn't care for.

The Veracity’s have awesome glass at a fair price

Greg

The Veracity’s have awesome glass at a fair price

Greg

Ive seen them for sale as low as about $350. When you see them that cheap its about the best scope you can buy for that kinda money. The Signature HD line are starting to ship now i think. Much cheaper than the Veracity. Burris still offers some made in USA scopes if you got deep pockets. Not sure how those compare to the Loopie HD5/HD6 and NightForce though.

I have several, good scopes. I sent back one that was broke, probably 20 years old, and the lifetime warranty covered it. sent me a new one no questions. I told them I was not the original owner. Still no questions.

I've used the older Fullfields and HBR's all made in the US. they were great except for a 4-12X mini which I didn't care for.
Always good service with Burris and the mini is one of my favorites on a light caliber, light rifle especially the cross-hair dot reticule as on my Savage 17 WSM , my custom #3 Ruger .22K hornet and finally my Savage/Stevens .22 mag over 410 combo....Trader in Wyo

I am looking for a scope with greater than 16x and see some nice options from Burris. How is clarity and how are they in low-light?

Plus one more for Burris being a top end manufacturer. I have their Fullfields on two rifles now, both of which perform wonderfully.

Burris has some Made in USA models still if you got DEEP pockets but for an import that Veracity is killer when on sale. I would look at those along with the S-TACs from Sightron for really nice Philippine made glass.

Still waiting on real reviews on the Signature HD line. A couple of those might end up being very nice scopes too.

I've seen a couple of the eliminators on muzzle loaders on videos and those would be awesome but even used they are over $500 which IMO is a pretty expensive scope for a smoke pole.

My buddy has had an eliminator on a hunting rifle for several years and has had great luck with it.

Most companies make scopes at different quality levels. A Burris Full-Field is an average scope, that gets the job done, for most shooting conditions

I have an older Burris ‘Signatue-Select’, that is an upper level scope. This is a higher magnification on a prairie dogging 22-250.

Bushnell has made cheap scopes, then some better ones. Over the years I added a Bushnell ‘Elite’ or two to the stable. The Elite is above average in the Bushnell line, my interpretation anyway.

Then look at Leupold, a good range of quality.

Burris has some Made in USA models still if you got DEEP pockets but for an import that Veracity is killer when on sale. I would look at those along with the S-TACs from Sightron for really nice Philippine made glass.

Still waiting on real reviews on the Signature HD line. A couple of those might end up being very nice scopes too.
I've been eyeing the Signature HD in 2-10×40 for the Knight DE. Just been watching to see if any sales bring the prices down a bit more before Christmas or the new year. Also trying to decide if I'm really into that ballistic E3 reticle.

I've been eyeing the Signature HD in 2-10×40 for the Knight DE. Just been watching to see if any sales bring the prices down a bit more before Christmas or the new year. Also trying to decide if I'm really into that ballistic E3 reticle.

That scope has decent eye relief, and a fairly wide field of view on lower magnification. The subtensions on the E3 reticle are a bit closer together than some other BDC reticles. I feel this lends itself very well to the ethical range of a muzzleloader.

Of course, that doesn't matter much if you don't care for them or don't have the desire to verify your drops at range.

Overall, I think it would be a good choice in this price range.

Latest posts

Back