Optima pistol stocks on CVA Scout?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While doing a search for a contender holster on Midway USA they have a pistol grip with picatinny rail for the TC contender. Also says federal law prohibits putting on a barrel less than 16" so heads up!

While doing a search for a contender holster on Midway USA they have a pistol grip with picatinny rail for the TC contender. Also says federal law prohibits putting on a barrel less than 16" so heads up!
Doesnt that only apply to registered 'firearms'? The optima pistol cant be converted to smokeless or cf. So i think it doesnt fall under that rule. Unlike the contender. i may be wrong but that is my understanding.

Doesnt that only apply to registered 'firearms'? The optima pistol cant be converted to smokeless or cf. So i think it doesnt fall under that rule. Unlike the contender. i may be wrong but that is my understanding.
Good point hadn't thought of that. I'm going to double check if I decide to go that route.

As already posted this is for firearms . That is not a concern for muzzle loaders. If anyone needs reassurance, look at the Pedersoli Howdah pistol. As a pistol / shotgun it would be a illegal as a firarm. And that same Howdah pistol is sold in a shoulder stock version. And you have many blunderbuss example. You cannot do this with cartridge guns. Antiques is complicated and I hope this forum can stay off that topic. The muzzle loaders are zero risk.

There is a special problem with contenders which I also think should also be outside the focus of this forum. Pistol to rifle and back and forth. You can do some and not others and again, if it needs discussion, best to take it to another part of this website.

OH DARN! Are we talking about scout centerfire pistols on a muzzle loading forum. If yes, I am sorry. Contender & Scouts, I have no comment on those.

Hi all,
Reporting back the grip adapter I posted does indeed fit the ML Optima pistol. The plastic to metal fit leaves something to be desired but it is sturdy and without any detectable movement. I have yet to shoot but I would trust it for deer hunting or at the range. I believe the adapter to be strong enough to survive a fall or hard drop.

I plan to try improving the fit by carefully removing some material using whiteout or something else to show me where the interference is. Additionally, the breech release lever touches the grip. The breech opens but it’s a little sticky. There is plenty of material in front to remove and I hope to mimic the shape of the original grip including the finger grooves. It’s the first finger groove grip that fits my small hands well.

Here are some photos.

BE590915-A630-4140-A7A7-F81AF1597960.jpegDE3D6B41-1E07-4AEF-904A-4D23B4189DCD.jpeg3CBBD6E3-0F84-488B-B0DB-217D03508A2C.jpeg

LOP is 14”. I just mocked up the gun with an Ace skeleton stock I had on hand.

I ordered a different stock that I’ll trim to get the13 3/8 that I prefer.

Literally any LOP could be achieved with the variety of AR stocks available and some imagination.

The little ML carbine is very handy and will be a joy to carry. Fun project!

Latest posts

Back