Optima Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had the Optima Pistol out to the range this morning. Mostly wanted to get more familiar with shooting it as I really haven't spent a great deal of time with it.
My first two shots were with some Traditions Smack Down bullets, 200 grains. They printed on the 50 yard target at about 1 o'clock high. Both went through the same hole!
The 3rd shot hit a bit to the left more.
Then I wanted to try some TC Shockwaves 200 grain from a box that I had in my stuff. They actually shot a bit better than the smackdowns, more centered but still hitting high.
I thought to stay with the Shockwaves and started to make some scope adjustments. I was able to get the elevation down but for some reason could not make the scope square up on the
windage. After a whole bunch of shots and adjusting, I was getting frustrated and decided to call it a morning.
The scope I have on there is an old Tasco 2x pistol scope which I'm getting to dislike more and more. I'm think about getting the CVA iron sights for the pistol, or a peep sight if I can find one.
Most of the good pistol scopes I've looked at are way more money than I can afford.

This peep sight might be pretty cool on your pistol. A lot cheaper than a pistol scope. Another option might be a red dot. They are pretty dang accurate especially out to 50 yards.

Attachments

• 94DD9E44-F5D0-47E4-A683-923C4F2244FD.png
    94DD9E44-F5D0-47E4-A683-923C4F2244FD.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back