Optima V2 Pistol w/Javelina Stocks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Doc White, 5 P.M., EST, 05/29/2021; to find out I am second in line after a snaphaunce musket to have the Javelina stocks fabricated for my Optima V2 pistol. Sheesh!! Patience is a virtue.

For a recently retired doctor aged 84 (85?), he has two turkeys killed in Kansas this spring, plus two more killed in Utah, and he was hustling me off the phone so he could go hunting this afternoon.

I hope I am as active when I reach his age. After his rotator cuff injury a year, or so ago, he had to stop shooting from his right shoulder. So, because he loves turkey hunting, he takes a single-shot, break-action, 12 gauge shotgun, saws the barrel off to 20 " long, threads the muzzle for one of his super turkey choke tubes (90% pattern), saws the buttstock off into a pistol grip, and adds a Javelina stubby pistol grip forearm under the barrel. Puts sling swivels on it, and a tactical sling.

Voila!!!! Now he can hunt again with the sling worn cross body over one shoulder, with the shotgun held in both hands out in front of his body in a modified Weaver stance.

Latest posts

Back