Optima V2 pistols in stock!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv
The original Optima pistols were rated at 100 grains [v]. Nothing over 90 grains [v] showed any improvement in accuracy, just more recoil and un-burned powder, in the original. I have two of the V2s and the one in use shares that finding with the original. I have a couple of current owners manuals and know what they state but I think for the everyday casual shooter maybe adhere to what I've underlined.
I've heard this somewhere else too

No breech plug tool, but I don’t think any of the CVA muzzleloaders come with it. The QR breech plug is supposed to be tool free and be removed with just your fingers.

Évery cva ive bought new came with a bp tool. Even my optima pistol. Call or email cva or muzzle-loader.com and let them know. Im sure one or both will send you a tool.

The QR breech plug is supposed to be tool free and be removed with just your fingers.
Correct, except the first time you use the breech plug. You should tighten the BP with the tool, shoot your outing, then remove it with the tool. After that- finger tight on and off. That is my understanding.

Got the new adapter today. Same configuration as the original but it has a completely different finish and grip texture is more aggressive. A matte finish instead of the original shiny-ish finish. As before, comes with the mounting screw and buffer tube nut.
I'll try to put a post in the product review section if i get to shoot it this weekend
16497239770784963060875042873270.jpg
16497240988931906943327297137854.jpg
16497242304385020849944553415163.jpg

You gave me an idea MM...I sent Hogue an email asking them to look into making a grip for the Optima V2 pistol. I will let you all know either way, never know they might be interested.
I’m in the middle of writing to Hogue, as we speak. Thanks for the nudge I needed to do so!

DOES ANYONE KNOW:
1) Does the “original” Optima pistol have the same grip as the Optima V2?
2) Does the CVA Scout centerfire pistol us the same grip as the Optima V2 pistol?

I don’t know how many units Hogue would need to move, in order to recoup their development costs, costs and turn a profit(?).

I think this is an uphill battle, but I think that the ONLY way it’s possible, is if EVERYONE who has interest in a Hogue grip, get on their website and CONTACT HOGUE!

I actually didn’t get my email to Hogue sent off until March 8. I got a reply! 👍

Yesterday. 😆

Probably boilerplate language- “thank you for reaching out to us, your suggestion has been passed on to our product development team for consideration,” etc.

BUT- they didn’t say “No!” 😆

Hope springs eternal… 😎

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back