Optima V2 Pistols

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool. I know a lot of folks here were looking to buy one. I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

I got my used Optima V2 pistol in trade from forum member Mt. Monkey, with only 40 shots through it with Blackhorn209. It's on its way to DOC White in Utah for the Javelina stock conversion. When that work is completed it will motor down the road 20 minutes to LR Customs to be fitted for one of their MZ-REX 2 muzzle brakes.

I hope that everybody that wanted one, gets one.

Yes, I know there were several members interested in ordering one. I buy a lot of stuff from them so they have me on their mailing list. Thought I would pass along the info.

I looked for one with sights on it and didn't see one. Cant hunt with a scope in Wash!:mad:

I looked for one with sights on it and didn't see one. Cant hunt with a scope in Wash!:mad:
I have a gun on order and not decided if I want to carry the extra bulk of a scope. Or a red dot as a compromise. Or iron sights. I believe the gun is drilled and tapped and sights available from all the usual sellers. Unfortunately, the scope base needs to come off. I would not think about it for to long. I been watching gun broker for a used Optima pistol. No luck. I jumped on this.

Here is a set for $30 (assuming drilled and taped) :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CVA-Optima...l-Sights-AC1628-DuraSight-Sights/233531606110

Last edited:
The V2 models come drilled and tapped. The open sights are a standard available part that can be ordered from CVA. If a scope mount is present, it will have to come off for the open sights. If you're eyes are good and you can focus with the open sights and plan to keep your shots within an ethical distance, go for it. I need the scope. I'll mention that there are holsters available for the scoped/un-scoped guns. And not finding any of these weapons in the used market goes a long ways in their favor as very respected hunting arms. I know this would be the last gun I'd ever sell.

MrTom, how do you feel about using a sling instead of a holster?
My pistol is supposed to be here tomorrow, but the Leapers scope I ordered from Optics Planet is another 2-3 weeks out.

MrTom, how do you feel about using a sling instead of a holster?
My pistol is supposed to be here tomorrow, but the Leapers scope I ordered from Optics Planet is another 2-3 weeks out.

FWIW, I like the sling idea. Any ideas how?

I am not familar with either tactical slings. I do think the sling and it use must be personal preference. I had a 243 Striker single shot Savage. I setup with a conventianl thin nylon sling and scout scope. I practiced shooting with a sling and my elbow in the gut and gun right in close to my face. Not appropriate for a high recoil pistol. I think maybe a unique idea. It turned out the real value of the sling was a way to hang the gun while dragging the deer. I think we all like options and the key is to figure out how best to install the sling studs.

I have a sling on my pistol. It comes with a swivel stud that replaces the fore end screw.
I find it to be very comfortable to carry in the woods.

deermanok,
Any possibility that you might be able to post a picture of your pistol's barrel without the forearm installed, showing the lug on the barrel, along with the longer sling swivel stud/screw?

Thanks,
Bruce

Latest posts

Back