Ordered a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 F1 MIL-R Reticle for my Knight Ultra Lite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usmc22

Reaction score
I’ve been agonizing over scopes since I ordered my Knight Ultra Lite. I’d almost brought myself to go with another manufacture but just couldn’t do it based on past experiences (warranties are great... but if you end up having to use them a lot it takes alway from your hunting / range time).

I’ve got this same scope on my centerfire rifle which has held up great through PRS type matches, classes and hunting. It’s 10oz heavier than other scopes I was looking at which is really the only downside I see. I like the simple, uncluttered yet useable reticle.

Should have my Murphy Precision base today in the mail. Not ETA on the Knight yet but looking forward to it.

At the end of the day I’m happy to say the scope, rifle, sling and bipod were all made in America.

Link to the scope:

https://www.eurooptic.com/nightforc...an-digillum-ptl-mil-r-c552-like-new-demo.aspx

Everything for me is application based and a 30oz scope on a 6lb rifle, well thats like putting a turbo diesel in a vette :D
I hear what you’re saying but a scope‘s ability to hold a zero and track is more important to me than the possible 9-10 ounces of weight savings. To me that weight is piece of mind. This season I had a gun down the entire season for “warranty” repair... it was a new scope that wouldn’t track consistently or hold a zero. The “clicks” were also “mushy”. I’ve got a lot at my fingertips to be able to check a scopes tracking / ability to hold a zero. I’ve had no issues with Nightforces tracking or holding a zero. Not saying no one has, but I haven’t and when you call them you speak to a person.... the other scope manufacturer I was “number 50+“ on hold just to check on the status....

Everything for me is application based and a 30oz scope on a 6lb rifle, well thats like putting a turbo diesel in a vette :D
If I find the field of view limiting for my hunting application I’ll put my 1-8x24 ATACR on it for the season and put it back on the AR when done. That scope weighs in at 19 oz

Now that would be a killer setup even if its just a tad heavy.
Maybe so and I thought heavily on it. The reticle is a little busier than I’d like on a hunting setup but certainly not overwhelming. I don’t think I have green illumination as an option on my 1-8x24 ATACR where as the 4-16’s have it. The 1-8 has capped turrets but 1st focal plane so doping the rifle would be easy and the same subtensions no matter the amount magnified. It does have a nice field of view, something like 97 feet @ 100 yards. The 4-16 will be good for load development and the 1-8 could move over if needed. Guess I’ll see, in New Hampshire muzzle loading season is a week long and before gun season so its an opportunity to extend my range from bow season which starts 9/15.

Like @ENCORE50A above, I also have a Nightforce NXS, It is Definitely the best Scope i have ever owned :lewis: It replaced a 1,000 Dollar Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 that Fell apart after just a few outings on my .45 Cal Knight Mountaineer. I don’t think you can go wrong with a Nightforce, they are a SOLID, DURABLE Scope

I’ve had Vortex scopes in the past. Zero’s held but dialing was not tracking. They’ll make it right but again it comes down to your time. What’s the extra weight and $ worth?

I will also add... a good buddy has had the vortex razor hd gen II on his 300 win mag for a year now and it’s held up. He’s notoriously hard on gear, to a fault. It tracks perfect and we check it from time to time just to see.

I’ve had Vortex scopes in the past. Zero’s held but dialing was not tracking. They’ll make it right but again it comes down to your time. What’s the extra weight and $ worth?

Ive got a Razor HD LH, Japanese made and for what i paid it cant be touched. Its basically the perfect low weight scope for my NULA. I would have loved a Minox ZA5 HD but they are long gone. I missed the blowout pricing they had. Those were killer scopes for the money.

I was BAD Disgusted when my Viper PST Gen 2 Broke, it happened while Shooting 825 Yards with my Knight Mountaineer. I started doing a bunch of research on the Particular Scope i had, That is when i ran across a Video of a Guy that was on Scope #4, Of The EXACT same model i had, That was the end for me, I didn’t even want a Replacement. Luckily i was able to Make an AWESOME deal with a Close friend of mine on a Trade, I traded him my New Replacement Viper PST Gen 2, for this Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 MOAR-T, i paid him 300 Bucks difference. And he dealt with sending my JUNK Vortex Back and getting the new Replacement :lewis:

I will say that the AMG is a Very nice LOOKING Scope, I have shot with one, it belongs to the same Friend i got the Nightforce from, He had the HD AMG Mounted on a New Christensen Arms .28 Nosler, I was the 1st to ever Shoot that Setup, it was NICE, REALLY NICE!

That HD AMG Had taken a NASTY spill a Few weeks earlier, He had it on a .300 Win Mag, The 1 piece Base (Screws) Sheared off for whatever reason? (Not being Tight, Though my friend swears that wasn’t the case? I stil say it was and would bet BIG on it) Anyway, The Scope with the Rings & 1 piece Base attached, Hit him in the Head, Bounced off the Bench, and Then the Ground :oops:

Oh man you should of also looked at the Mark 5 leupold- probably the best scope on the market place around that 2 k price tag. The glass beats my Sb PMII and I love the turret system.

Latest posts

Back