Osage Stickbows

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some questions, how long was your original blank that you started with, and what is the finish length?, it's really nice, I have some Osage rifle stock blanks the reason I ask I think they're only 3 ft long I guess that's not nearly long enough. I do have some long persimmon blanks that are four or five foot long.

I got some questions, how long was your original blank that you started with, and what is the finish length?, it's really nice, I have some Osage rifle stock blanks the reason I ask I think they're only 3 ft long I guess that's not nearly long enough. I do have some long persimmon blanks that are four or five foot long.
Most of my staves start around 66-72" and most of my bows end up 64"-70"

Awesome bow. What draw weight did you finish at?

Very, very nice! I made a long bow out of Locust, 72" but not enough poundage and then backed it with hickory. Now its around 60#. I really like the looks of those you made........should be fun to shoot!

Those are beautiful long bows! Thanks for showing us your crafts and talents. Gorgeous work!!!

Latest posts

Back