Palmetto inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the model with the plunger system, very reliable and much more accurate than most newer models and I've various ones. I'm talking almost cloverleaf holes(3shots) prone at a 100yards(90meters). Using a modified .457 mold which I've milled shorter to produce a 330gr flat-nosed bullet and a Crushrib sabot. Sorry, a .50cal - should have mentioned that earlier. Deadly combination

Is yours the TK or the Ridgerunner version? Got any Pics? Would really like to see the Plunger and BP.

I have the model with the plunger system,

I take it yours might be the T5 and don't have the handle on the plunger? Both are plungers but looks like the T5 had a plunger more like the LK/MK.

Last edited:
T5 Woodsman. The TK Is the TK2000 12ga Turkey Shotgun.

Opps, You got me. Got my "T's" mixed up. My CRS showing again.:( I fixed it! Thanks,

I have the model with the plunger system, very reliable and much more accurate than most newer models and I've various ones. I'm talking almost cloverleaf holes(3shots) prone at a 100yards(90meters). Using a modified .457 mold which I've milled shorter to produce a 330gr flat-nosed bullet and a Crushrib sabot. Sorry, a .50cal - should have mentioned that earlier. Deadly combination

Thats with the old cracked stock. Made a new one from a lighter coloured wood, guess oak or similar specie. But my pics are big to upload to show you some successful pics with warthog.

Attachments

• palmetto1.jpg
    palmetto1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 15
Struggled a bit with the resizing but there it is. Was the first sow I've taken with the Palmetto.
Bought it with 3 breech-plugs, 2 of them I fitted no11 nipples and the third with a musket-cap nipple but use the normal no11 caps actually.

Attachments

• palmetto vlakvark.JPG
    palmetto vlakvark.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 23
Wildeboer,

Cool pic of the warthog!:kewl: Thanks for sharing. Which country are you hunting those in? Welcome to the Forum too!:welcome:

Thats with the old cracked stock. Made a new one from a lighter coloured wood, guess oak or similar specie. But my pics are big to upload to show you some successful pics with warthog.
Hey Wildeboer, what caused your original stock to crack? Do you have any idea what wood it is made from? Thanks

Wildeboer,

Cool pic of the warthog!:kewl: Thanks for sharing. Which country are you hunting those in? Welcome to the Forum too!:welcome:

Thanks, I'm from South Africa and have been lurking around for more than a year.

Hey Wildeboer, what caused your original stock to crack? Do you have any idea what wood it is made from? Thanks

I bought it with a hairline crack in the stock, was delivered via courier and might have been damaged that way. The ugly stain&varnish combo didnt do it for me in any case and I made the new stock without much hesitation. Threw the old stock out the next day.

I bought it with a hairline crack in the stock, was delivered via courier and might have been damaged that way. The ugly stain&varnish combo didnt do it for me in any case and I made the new stock without much hesitation. Threw the old stock out the next day.
Well that makes me feel somewhat better. I have one coming next week will have to look over the stock real good for cracks. Thanks for the reply!

Any idea what type of wood the original stock is?

Thanks, I'm from South Africa and have been lurking around for more than a year.

Glad to see a fellow Muzzleloader shooter from your part of the world! Love seeing the pics from hunters in other countries.:thumb::cool:

ToyTruck

No cracks in mine at all. :lewis: I had thought about carving a walnut stock for mine but the rifle was heavier than planned so just left in in the original.

All this talk about these rifles got me out to shoot my .32cal built on one today. About froze my feet and hands though. Was 28* when I got to the club.
Had some wicked mirage that was a surprise to deal with and a little left right crosswind. Load is 20gn Pyro P, .315 Hornady RB, and pillow tick patch (Cut off at the muzzle) Hoppies #9+ lube with a CCI Mag #11 cap.
Shot at 50 yards

upload_2019-3-9_14-51-29.jpeg

Last 2 shots went off on me and found I had not tightened up the mounts as good as I should have after all the times I too the scope off for all the above part swapping.
Hard to really tell it but that is 7 shots. Shot 2 more after tightening the mounts back up.

upload_2019-3-9_14-52-52.jpeg

Latest posts

Back