Paper patch a Parker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It seems the industry finally started producing a .40 cal. Examples include the Knight Peregrine and the CVA Paramount. In 2017 i had a 40 cal built for long range . The difference is I went with .408/.416 . The industry seems to have went with .402 . So lots of better choices in bullets but all are .402 except for the Parker .416 which he wont be producing any more til spring time. Ihave plenty of lead conicals for it but not many sabotless long pointy projectiles.😁
i am thinking one of the .402's paper patched to .407 would open up the possibilities for more bullet choices. And it would in theory be a accurate bullet. Thinking about trying that
what are everyones elses thoughts on paper patching a 402 Fury or Match hunter ???

I paper patched the old Rainer .430 bullets with receipt book paper that was .003 inches thick and wrapped them three times and used a 50cal wool wad. Shot them in my 45-70 conversion for a few days and they shot well. The rainiers were just a copper plated bullet so I’m not sure how they would work with the parkers but I bet it will.

Back