Paper patched bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dougs136Schwartz said:
Still trying . At times it showed some promise . I'm having better luck with lighter loads . Loads that are around 1100 fps vs 1300 fps . I tried a veggie wad but for some reason the bullet hit the target sideways . With wool wads the bullets are cutting clean holes. I'm having fun experimenting . If I can't get it to come together I can always go back to my go to loads with my bore riding copper bullets . Thanks for all the imput

That is odd They are key holing when you use a Vege Fibre Wad? What rifle is this in? Twist rate, Does it have a QLA Muzzle or not? I am assuming 100 yards is where this is happening?

100 yards ,1-20 Mountaineer . Ya I thought it was odd also . I'll try them again . I'm trying to send a picture but for some reason I can't get it done tonite .

only way it keyhole is you slipped the paper , you aren't using blackhorn are you

Dougs136Schwartz said:
100 yards ,1-20 Mountaineer . Ya I thought it was odd also . I'll try them again . I'm trying to send a picture but for some reason I can't get it done tonite .

I am not familiar with any of the knight rifles, does that one have a QLA Muzzle? Any chance you could take a picture of the bullet bases? I would like to see the paper tails, how they were done

actually you don't really need a wad with black. 85 grains of 2ff and set bullet on top. wipe between shoots up down 3-4 times wet then same dry

Also, you said that you got the bullets already patched, just curious who patched them for you?

Buffalo Arms they look very nice . It's not the bullets I just don't have the correct combo or my gun just does not like paper patched bullets like Bob said . I've shot aprox 50 still have 30 or 40 left . If I can't get it to come around I'll just go back to what I know and shoot my Parker or Pittman bullets . Just having fun trying something different . Like previously posted i have learned a lot . Im amazed according to the balistic apps that my wind drift is very close to my high BC bullets . Also according to felt recoil apps the 530 grain bullet pushed at 11 to 1200 fps has less recoil compared to my 275 grain bullets pushed at 2000 fps . I found this to be amazingly correct . If nothing else i have learned some about these heavy projectiles and will use what i have learned when playing with my Gibbs or BPCRs. I would post pictures but for some reason i cant get it done . Last night i had some groups that were plenty good for hunting accuracy (1inch) I just need to be shooting a little better than that for competition . I know they can do it . Ive seen Ricks, Bob's and Jason's groups I just don't have things figured out yet.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Buffalo Arms they look very nice . It's not the bullets I just don't have the correct combo or my gun just does not like paper patched bullets like Bob said . I've shot aprox 50 still have 30 or 40 left . If I can't get it to come around I'll just go back to what I know and shoot my Parker or Pittman bullets . Just having fun trying something different . Like previously posted i have learned a lot . Im amazed according to the balistic apps that my wind drift is very close to my high BC bullets . Also according to felt recoil apps the 530 grain bullet pushed at 11 to 1200 fps has less recoil compared to my 275 grain bullets pushed at 2000 fps . I found this to be amazingly correct . If nothing else i have learned some about these heavy projectiles and will use what i have learned when playing with my Gibbs or BPCRs. I would post pictures but for some reason i cant get it done . Last night i had some groups that were plenty good for hunting accuracy (1inch) I just need to be shooting a little better than that for competition . I know they can do it . Ive seen Ricks, Bob's and Jason's groups I just don't have things figured out yet.

That’s odd, i am neighbors to Buffalo Arms, i am in that place about weekly and know all of them guy’s/Gals, i have been buying their PP bullets for about 2 years now and i have never heard of them selling already patched bullets? I will have to ask Jim (he is the one that Swages Those bullets) if i can just start buying them already patched like you did so I don’t have to mess with it anymore. Thanks for the heads up! :yeah:

Dougs136Schwartz said:
The bullets I have came already paper patched .

Idaholewis said:
Also, you said that you got the bullets already patched, just curious who patched them for you?

dougs136Schwartz said:
Buffalo Arms they look very nice

Must have been a Ghost Paper Patcher inside the shipping box once it left BACO? BACO doesn’t sell already patched bullets, i was fairly confident that they didn’t, but i made a quick phone call to confirm it. Did you actually shoot these BACO .442 530 Grain bullets? Do they really seem un uniform? Did they really go sideways through your target?

Wow I just got my butt chewed on the forum and a personal message . I want to apologize to everyone and obviously one person that was very offended . I bought these paper patched bullets off of Rick Webber . They look PERFECT ! They came in a Buffalo Arms box I made the assumption they came that way . Because I was told by another guy that you could buy them that way.Boy was I wrong ! I never meant to LIE like like I have been called LIAR ! I miss spoke I was completely wrong . What do I have to gain from miss speaking ? ? ? I said the bullets were great I never said anything bad about the bullets or the company . Again I'm very sorry for assuming . It was my ignorance !

Yes I really did shoot the bullets for 3 evenings . Yes the bullet I shot with the veggie wad went through my target side ways . It was my first shot and only shot with a veggie wad.Yes I did chonogragh the bullets and had a very low ES with wool wads . NO I never said anything bad about the bullets . I just no nothing about heavy lead and was trying to learn . Ill figure this **** out on my own and maybe you and meet up somewhere on the range . Ill be at Friendship this year Spring and fall . Hopefully soon I'll make it to Tennessee when I get my Gibbs . You can teach me all your knowledge and shooting skills.

Why didn’t you say that 52bore (Rick Webber) Sent you these bullets? I asked you a SPECIFIC Question, Who patched your bullets? YOU Said Buffalo Arms, I knew that was WRONG immediately, They DON’T sell already Patched bullets, nor have they ever to my understanding, i called them to verify it before i posted above. Had you of said that 52bore sent you these Buffalo Arms bullets already patched this confusion would never have taken place, you had several opportunities throughout the thread to say that you got these from Rick

YOU should be able to see where i am coming from here as well, I am genuinely trying to help you all the way through this thread, and at the end i knew what you were saying was BS, and i called you on it. YOU created the confusion that could easily have been prevented.

Are these actual Buffalo Arms Bullets, or Bullets that Rick Swaged, Paper Patched, and put them in a BACO Carton?

I asked you 2 times if your rifle has a QLA Muzzle? You answered around it, but never did answer if your rifle has a QLA Muzzle or not?

How many 1_20 Knight Mountaineers have QLA ? Forget it Ron ill figure this **** out on my own . I was wrong I admit it . I'm sorry I'm done with this subject . You could of sent me a personal message before bashing me on social media and I would of explained and admitted I was wrong . I assumed the bullets came that way because they looked perfect . I had a different guy tell me you can buy them that way . That was completly my bad so i guess i am a Liar .I was in no way trying to bash your Precious heavy bullets.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
How many 1_20 Knight Mountaineers have QLA ? Forget it Ron ill figure this **** out on my own . I was wrong I admit it . I'm sorry I'm done with this subject . You could of sent me a personal message before bashing me on social media and I would of explained and admitted I was wrong . I assumed the bullets came that way because they looked perfect . I had a different guy tell me you can buy them that way . That was completly my bad so i guess i am a Liar .I was in no way trying to bash your Precious heavy bullets.

First off Doug, I am NOT Ron, i am Lewis.

2nd, I know NOTHING about inlines, i have never owned 1, Therefore i know nothing about your Knight Mountaineer. The reason i asked if your rifle has a QLA Muzzle is that would likely have been your problem with these bullets and a Vege Wad, in my testing, Hard Card wads such as Vege Fibre and QLA Muzzles have proven a DISASTROUS Combo.

Knight does not use a QLA that I have seen.

There I go again telling lies . Your Idaholewis my bad . IdahoRon is a standup guy .

Please Moderators delete this entire thread . I apologize for this entire mess . This was completely my bad .

ShawnT said:
Knight does not use a QLA that I have seen.

I didn’t think that Knight did? But I didn’t know for sure? And me not being the kind of guy to guess on things like that, I asked the guy? My results with QLA Muzzles (Thompson Center) and Hard Card Wads were absolutely horrible, like several feet in ANY direction horrible!

I am stil curios if these .442-530 Grain bullets were actual BACO Swaged bullets, or 52bore’s own Swaged bullets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back