Paper patched bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dougs136Schwartz said:
IdahoRon is a standup guy

Idahoron is a great guy! :yeah: I put him on his first Whitetail Buck year before last, Ron made the 600 mile trip up here and spent a week at my home, He and his wife came up again last summer. You are correct on that, Ron is a stand up guy!

1874sharpsshooter said:
I use to buy pp bullets for my Gibbs that came patched but now I have to do it myself :(

Patching them is part of the fun of it! :D I actually enjoy doing it. My problem now is pouring my bullets, i just recently converted my Lee 20lb bottom pour pot to use as a lead furnace only, i am now trying to Ladle Cast and my bullets look like a pile of :puke: I can’t seem to get a Rhythm down with it yet? Sure wish i would have emptied the pot and cleaned it good instead of do away with the bottom pour features, No going back now! I need to spend some Quality Ladle time

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Last night i had some groups that were plenty good for hunting accuracy (1inch) I just need to be shooting a little better than that for competition.

1” Groups aren’t good enough? What kind of Competition are you shooting in?

I need to shoot sub MOA to even be competitive at Friendship . This is a inline forum . Most of us that post on the inline forum have Inlines and scopes . Not all have scopes but most . I want to make sure I clarify my statements I don't want to LIE again. I'm pretty sure there there is a spot on this site for Traditional shooters. Please go away Lewis I need nor want any help from you .

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I need to shoot sub MOA to even be competitive at Friendship . This is a inline forum . Most of us that post on the inline forum have Inlines and scopes . Not all have scopes but most . I want to make sure I clarify my statements I don't want to LIE again. I'm pretty sure there there is a spot on this site for Traditional shooters. Please go away Lewis I need nor want any help from you .

If you notice 99% of my posting is in the Sidelock section, the reason i answered this post was you were asking about Paper Patched bullets, Something i have put a TON of time in, and know QUITE WELL :yeah:

Idaholewis said:
Dougs136Schwartz said:

If you notice 99% of my posting is in the Sidelock section, the reason i answered this post was you were asking about Paper Patched bullets, Something i have put a TON of time in, and know QUITE WELL :yeah:
Actually only 52.39% are in sidelocks section . You lied Lewis :) :) just like Doug :poke:

1874sharpsshooter said:
Idaholewis said:
Dougs136Schwartz said:

Actually only 52.39% are in sidelocks section . You lied Lewis :) :) just like Doug :poke:

LOLOLOL!! I didn’t even bother lookin, Most folks know im a Sidelock guy :yeah:

Idaholewis said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
Idaholewis said:

LOLOLOL!! I didn’t even bother lookin, Most folks know im a Sidelock guy :yeah:
I know lol I was just messing with you .

I do believe this thread has ran it’s course, i have spoke with Doug through PM and believe there was an honest mistake made, I think he genuinely got the bullets without knowing all of the details about them? Doug is an accomplished shooter and seems like a good guy. But you gotta see where i was coming from, i was going off of what YOU said

I stil find it EXTREMELY odd that you would purchase bullets from Rick (52bore) and NOT know the details about them?

I’m off to shoot an old Navy Arms Hawken Hunter .58 Cal with a trigger pull i need to hook a Tow rope to in order to pull it! :lol: gonna try some Patched Roundball, I slicked the barrel up with about 200 Strokes of Montana Extreme Bore Polishing compound yesterday, Hopefully I didn’t wear the barrel out :lol: Have a good day to all :yeah:

I edited my 2nd from last post, I definitely DON’T owe Doug an Apology! I posted off of what HE said, I was GENUINELY trying to help him, up until i smelled a Ratt. I would do the same thing Today, Tomorrow, EVERYDAY :yeah:

I'm sorry guys about this entire thread . I was not going to make another post. This will be my last post to this thread !

Is it just me thinking this way ? Is there someone on this site that is making themself look like a IDIOT by keep beating a dead horse ?? Am I the only one thinking this way ? ? ?

Idaholewis said:
I edited my 2nd from last post, I definitely DON’T owe Doug an Apology! I posted off of what HE said, I was GENUINELY trying to help him, up until i smelled a Ratt. I would do the same thing Today, Tomorrow, EVERYDAY :yeah:

I follow and read many of the threads rather I post to them or not. Mostly not, because I'm shooting something entirely different than most.

What I do find interesting, is at first you were "attempting" to help, then when an honest forgetful mistake was made, you end up still chastising him, including now, "... I smelled a Ratt". Because he forgot where and/or how he got those bullets a year or even two ago, you were the one that investigated and then made a big deal of it and appear to still be doing so, even after you decided someone else's post had run its course.

I've met Doug and we talk quite frequently on the phone. I can assure you, you won't find a more honest and dedicated shooter. I know of no one that he wouldn't help if he could, even when a some have clearly taken advantage of him. By the way, Doug is also a little more than just an accomplished shooter, having won the NMLRA National Championships.

He was looking for a little help and ended up with..... "I smelled a Ratt" ??? :huh?:

don't like to get involved in these types of threads and generally avoid them but I have to agree with Encore50A, Doug just made a honest mistake which he apologized for and has more then once but you seem unable to let it drop, which is all on you at this point..I cant see where the man tried to deceive anyone and not once in this thread has he been vindictive in any way but the same cant be said for what your posting, might be a good idea a take a step back before you ruin your helpful rep you have on the forum..

ENCORE50A said:
Idaholewis said:

I follow and read many of the threads rather I post to them or not. Mostly not, because I'm shooting something entirely different than most.

What I do find interesting, is at first you were "attempting" to help, then when an honest forgetful mistake was made, you end up still chastising him, including now, "... I smelled a Ratt". Because he forgot where and/or how he got those bullets a year or even two ago, you were the one that investigated and then made a big deal of it and appear to still be doing so, even after you decided someone else's post had run its course.

I've met Doug and we talk quite frequently on the phone. I can assure you, you won't find a more honest and dedicated shooter. I know of no one that he wouldn't help if he could, even when a some have clearly taken advantage of him. By the way, Doug is also a little more than just an accomplished shooter, having won the NMLRA National Championships.

He was looking for a little help and ended up with..... "I smelled a Ratt" ??? :huh?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back