Parts for a Knight MK85

Discussion in 'Inline Muzzleloading' started by bloodhound, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Dec 24, 2018 #1

bloodhound

bloodhound

bloodhound

So I have been looking for a quality built .54 in-line for low money. I knew that would mean a basket case...I am good with that. I want a handy rifle that is good to 75 yards with a big bullet. So I found a Knight MK85 in .54 and it has an issue or two. The ramrod is missing, I think I can get one at Sportsman's Warehouse, or is there a better source? The seller told me that that Breech plug is seized ( I have been reading about solutions for that). It also looks like it might be missing the rear sight. Is there a parts outlet or is it hit or miss on the auction sites and here?

Thanks in advance. The rifle is on its way to me...I will do some befor and after pics when it gets here.

2. Dec 24, 2018 #2

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Staff Member Global Moderator

3. Dec 24, 2018 #3

halloflin

halloflin

halloflin

Staff Member ADMIN Global Moderator

When you get it let me know what length ram rod you need. I have a couple laying around. I also have several spare breech plugs but they are for 50 caliber...Don’t know if that matters or not.

Hal

bloodhound likes this.
  4. Dec 24, 2018 #4

bloodhound

bloodhound

bloodhound

Thank you, rear sight ordered and halloflin thank you on the ram rod...I should have it next week or... depending on the holiday shipping.

5. Dec 24, 2018 #5

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

At one point, If I remember right there were 2 different Bps for the 54cal and there was a date when they changed. I don't recall what it was. One plug was 5/8" diameter and the other was 11/16 x 20tpi" So measure up the one you have, if or when you get it out, before ordering.

As for the ramrod, What I did for mine was to get a 50 cal rod (one used Knight and one New Carbon Aluminum from Knight) and change the jags. I like the extending rods for hunting. You can get the jag itself from Numrich Arms (Far as I know Knight don't carry them anymore). Numrich (Gun Parts Corp) have them in stock, as well as some other things. The old Jag may have a drop or two of loctite on it so might need to heat it. Then just be careful how you hold it to get it off or you'll make up the extension rod. The new one will screw right on.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/766530

6. Dec 24, 2018 #6

dbowling

dbowling

dbowling

Never mind see you've already got them coming..

I've probably got a rear sight let me look, also a ram rod have to check.

[/is this the one your looking for, if yes p.m. me your address and will get it sent out to you after Christmas. the ram rod ive got is to short, will look to see if I have another one.b]

[​IMG]

7. Dec 24, 2018 #7

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Shawn is Correct, i just went through this with my .54 Cal MK-85, Mine had the 11/16 Breech plug, Knight made some of both in the .54 Cal MK-85, 5/8” and 11/16” You definitely need to know which you have. If by chance yours is the 11/16” like mine you can get the New Hex Head Version plug by ordering a Breech plug for a Knight Bighorn .52 Cal, The .52 Cal is 11/16” and will fit your 54 Cal MK-85

8. Dec 24, 2018 #8

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

The old Slotted head Breech plug in my .54 Cal MK-85 was longer than the new Hex head Bighorn .52 Cal plug that i ordered. I had to Lengthen the Screw in the back of the Bolt to adjust throw. Maybe i can find that thread on here? I know it’s here somewhere, shows exactly what i did.

[​IMG]

bloodhound likes this.
  9. Dec 25, 2018 #9

T-Duster

T-Duster

T-Duster

E-Bay is covered up in MK85 parts.

10. Dec 26, 2018 #10

bloodhound

bloodhound

bloodhound

Wow...you folks are great generous and knowledgeable. The seller found the rear sight and put it on before he shipped it. Thanks again to all

Scott

11. Dec 26, 2018 #11

WV Hunter

WV Hunter

WV Hunter

Ebay is definitely a good source, although some people apparently think that MK parts are made of gold :lol:

12. Jan 9, 2019 #12

bloodhound

bloodhound

bloodhound

Well the gun ended back at the sellers shop with box marked refused. It never made it to my house and according to the tracking not to my city. We reconfirmed my address and he is shipping it again. Gotta love the USPS.

13. Jan 10, 2019 at 1:36 AM #13

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

Well That Stinks! I had UPS actually loose a Large 4 rifle SKB case once. It shipped form Natchez Shooter Supply and made it to the Meadowlands in NJ and just dropped off the map.

14. Jan 11, 2019 at 1:00 PM #14

WV Hunter

WV Hunter

WV Hunter

Knock on wood, I've always had great luck with usps. Hope she finds her way home to you soon. :)

15. Jan 11, 2019 at 8:10 PM #15

bloodhound

bloodhound

bloodhound

I got word this morning they re-shipped and are using a different carrier. The scheduled date for delivery is Tuesday. :)