Patched Ball Shooters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Jo is waterless hand cleaner. Not only hands but the Navy we used it to clean aircraft when we we limited on fresh waster. Wipe on Wipe off. Not fun.
Do not know about using on guns.

What is gojo?
A very good semisolid hand cleaner, made smooth and also with a grit made from pumice. I tried it for patch lube and is not too bad. There is also a hand cleaner called fast orange and it may even seemed to be a little better. I'm surprised at the different substances that seemed to work for patch lube. I'm sure I tried to at least 10 different things, All worked and didn't make cleaning any easier or harder. Accuracy would work with any of them for hunting, some did shoot a better group then others, but I didn't experiment that much with a different load for each one.
Squint

Last edited:
41Mf6aVuYML.jpg

I use this.

Always been told and I've also read same that any artificial lube aka petroleum based product does not go good with blackpowder. Wife knows to not let me run out!

ATTN: Muley

If you kill a bear....I want to buy some fat from that critter as this is what the ODG swore by!
I use bear fat, sweet oil (olive oil) and bees wax, wax % depending on time of year and what I'm using it for, old mix, worked back then, works for me now. Use on wood, leather, patches, steel, ....hell, maybe you can eat it if.....

Latest posts

Back