Patriot arms TC Omega barrel upgrade!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
I had the privilege this evening of shooting a Patriot arms McGowan 1 and 18 twist replacement barrel and a first for me, shooting smokeless with a 209 primer, the barrel came with a beautiful breech plug that has an internal second part that allows the shooter to adjust headspace to fit most common 209 primers. The barrel has a beautiful nitride finish it came with a nice picatinny base and the screws that Mark sends with the base some of the nicest I've ever seen ,,, again some of the nicest machining that I've seen in the muzzle loading industry so far not only did I see that in his Patriot but I see it in these kits also. Mark sent me a breachplug for 209 blackhorn I put it up on the shelf I'm going to shoot this rifle smokeless for a while I tend to shoot very mild loads in my smokeless guns anyway so I'm sure not going to ask this gun to do something it wasn't meant for but I am going to shoot a lot of different bullets in it and just see what I can get out of it.
I will be doing all the testing with a sightron s-tac 4 to 20 power,, headspace the rifle for federal 209s, this first excited group when I got home tonight from putting the gun together was an old lot of h4198 from about 20 years ago this is 56 grains of h4198 light blue sabot and a fury 225 open tip knurled up to a 403. Since it's so hot where I live I'm just going to probably skip a lot of sabo shooting and do some bull riding here this weekend I'll let everyone know my results for all you Omega freaks out there I don't know how you're going to not have one of these,,, I would start obsessing about it now and get in line!!! Post more results this weekend preliminary looks okay the work , the product is absolute first class.

Attachments

• IMG_20220701_191543317.jpg
    IMG_20220701_191543317.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220701_191405671.jpg
    IMG_20220701_191405671.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
The actual gun build in the gun shop was 10 to 15 minutes I did have to open up the laminate stock just slightly down inside the stock the barrel fit really tight otherwise I was concerned about possibly needing to float the barrel but everything looks good I'm going to shoot the gun some more before I do that ,, I really feel like the screws on a TC need to be bedded.

I'm not sure what Patriot is going to charge for these yet ,however I think it's going to be reasonable when you look at the other options for upgrading an Omega across the country,, when you add that it's a rebuild that a lot of people can handle themselves at home in the garage it's even more appealing,, and yes I slept with mine last night,,I was just a comfort issue though

I had the privilege this evening of shooting a Patriot arms McGowan 1 and 18 twist replacement barrel and a first for me, shooting smokeless with a 209 primer, the barrel came with a beautiful breech plug that has an internal second part that allows the shooter to adjust headspace to fit most common 209 primers. The barrel has a beautiful nitride finish it came with a nice picatinny base and the screws that Mark sends with the base some of the nicest I've ever seen ,,, again some of the nicest machining that I've seen in the muzzle loading industry so far not only did I see that in his Patriot but I see it in these kits also. Mark sent me a breachplug for 209 blackhorn I put it up on the shelf I'm going to shoot this rifle smokeless for a while I tend to shoot very mild loads in my smokeless guns anyway so I'm sure not going to ask this gun to do something it wasn't meant for but I am going to shoot a lot of different bullets in it and just see what I can get out of it.
I will be doing all the testing with a sightron s-tac 4 to 20 power,, headspace the rifle for federal 209s, this first excited group when I got home tonight from putting the gun together was an old lot of h4198 from about 20 years ago this is 56 grains of h4198 light blue sabot and a fury 225 open tip knurled up to a 403. Since it's so hot where I live I'm just going to probably skip a lot of sabo shooting and do some bull riding here this weekend I'll let everyone know my results for all you Omega freaks out there I don't know how you're going to not have one of these,,, I would start obsessing about it now and get in line!!! Post more results this weekend preliminary looks okay the work , the product is absolute first class.
Awesome Omega & nice group. OMEGA FREAKS........ WHERE???????

Latest posts

Back