Patriot arms TC Omega barrel upgrade!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two shots on the left are fury OT 240 grain h- 4198 56 grains by weight,, put two bullet touching, move the scope to the right put two bullets in a hole and I really think I dropped that one on the bottom pretty good sabot barrel, both the 225 fury star tip and the 240 OT shoot great!

Attachments

• IMG_20220702_171955556_MP.jpg
    IMG_20220702_171955556_MP.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
I'd have to experiment with this old punk bullet some more,,, I don't think I've ever shot an animal with them but if they shoot this good I could get used to them real quick at least this barrel sure likes them

Okay this morning I pulled the plug cleaned the bore good got everything put back together first bore rider group is a 275 pitman accumax again I'm just sticking with the 56 grains of h4198 ,gun seems to like it. If you look at the Target you'll see three and a almost a whole it's the 200 SST right below it was my foul shot with the bore rider,, next shot after foul shifted up where you see the group and it's a little bit out of the group the next three are just in a hole but I'll take those four!! This is a great barrel, great work by Patriot arms, and a continued testament to the accuracy of a 45 Cal smokeless muzzleloader pretty much off the just built floor,,, go pick up a creedmoor or 308 throw a scope on it run out and start doing this ,,,I don't think so.

Attachments

• IMG_20220703_110642190.jpg
    IMG_20220703_110642190.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
Three shots .452 fury, 250 grain black tip,, 58 grains of h4198 by weight. Almost all of my groups with this rifle are three shot only doesn't seem practical to ask it to group five shots. Barrel showing great consistency with sabot and bore riders.

Attachments

• IMG_20220705_175942253.jpg
    IMG_20220705_175942253.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
You're probably right this barrel shoots everything I put in it. The barrel was showing so much with the light blue sabot,, I have an old box of 40cal 200 grain full metal jacket hornadys you can see the lead on the flat bottom like it was tubing instead of a jacket has anybody ever shot those in a light blue before?

Southeast tx,,, San jacinto River bottom,, but it really doesn't matter where you are in Southeast Texas you don't have to look forward to find a hog,,, put a bunch of corn out this morning I plan on getting on them Saturday morning going to try out this new omega

I had the privilege this evening of shooting a Patriot arms McGowan 1 and 18 twist replacement barrel and a first for me, shooting smokeless with a 209 primer, the barrel came with a beautiful breech plug that has an internal second part that allows the shooter to adjust headspace to fit most common 209 primers. The barrel has a beautiful nitride finish it came with a nice picatinny base and the screws that Mark sends with the base some of the nicest I've ever seen ,,, again some of the nicest machining that I've seen in the muzzle loading industry so far not only did I see that in his Patriot but I see it in these kits also. Mark sent me a breachplug for 209 blackhorn I put it up on the shelf I'm going to shoot this rifle smokeless for a while I tend to shoot very mild loads in my smokeless guns anyway so I'm sure not going to ask this gun to do something it wasn't meant for but I am going to shoot a lot of different bullets in it and just see what I can get out of it.
I will be doing all the testing with a sightron s-tac 4 to 20 power,, headspace the rifle for federal 209s, this first excited group when I got home tonight from putting the gun together was an old lot of h4198 from about 20 years ago this is 56 grains of h4198 light blue sabot and a fury 225 open tip knurled up to a 403. Since it's so hot where I live I'm just going to probably skip a lot of sabo shooting and do some bull riding here this weekend I'll let everyone know my results for all you Omega freaks out there I don't know how you're going to not have one of these,,, I would start obsessing about it now and get in line!!! Post more results this weekend preliminary looks okay the work , the product is absolute first class.
Hi, not sure you'll see this post. Where exactly did you find a replacement barrel for a TC Omega .50 cal. Thanks. [email protected]

Back