Peep sight alternatives

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelheader323

Reaction score
So I wear glasses..peep sights have always been a hinder to me as it darkens my sight picture and it just not comfortable with glasses for me. I’ve always used a kisser button. And I get decent consistency from that but I’d like to hear more options..I know their is a nose button now, does anyone run sights on the back side of the riser to line up their pins? Thanks for any help. Archery season kicks off here in cutover 1st so I’ll use what I’ve been using for the last few years but I’m open to other options

Back in my vertical bow days, I used a string peep with a pretty large hole, 1/4". Before that, I used the kisser button, which helped with holding a consistent anchor point.
You might want to look at a new sight. They have all kinds these days. Even a bow mounted red dot might be an option?
These days, I'm strictly a crossbow guy. Don't know if that's another option for you?

I'm not aware of any sight setup that goes on the back of the riser to help line up pins the same every time.
There is a sight, the IQ retina lock, that may help you. It would provide another reference for you to ensure you're anchoring the same every time. I'd still use the kisser with it.
They have an "eye" on them that you can glance at while getting anchored and setup for a shot. It is more than just the simple level that most sights have that just show if you're canting the riser, it'll show if you anchor high/low as well. Many report being able to dump their peep with that sight.
I've never tried one so I have no first hand experience with it. Some have said holding so that the eye stays centered can be pretty finicky, but others really like them.

I'm not aware of any sight setup that goes on the back of the riser to help line up pins the same every time.
There is a sight, the IQ retina lock, that may help you. It would provide another reference for you to ensure you're anchoring the same every time. I'd still use the kisser with it.
They have an "eye" on them that you can glance at while getting anchored and setup for a shot. It is more than just the simple level that most sights have that just show if you're canting the riser, it'll show if you anchor high/low as well. Many report being able to dump their peep with that sight.
I've never tried one so I have no first hand experience with it. Some have said holding so that the eye stays centered can be pretty finicky, but others really like them.
I used one but found it a distraction ,always peeking threw it away/Ed

I use one,( it almost looks like a bullseye, when you're aligned ,)and now no longer use a peep, just my single pin. It took awhile with lots of practice, but it teaches you to be in the same position/ hold every time. I practice from the ground and elevated. I honestly don't know if I even look to see if I'm where I should be with it anymore. I just draw, anchor, release. I see they have them now incorporated into a front sight, but don't remember the company's name.

Here's a sight with a level ( on bottom ) and the bulls

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-204544_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-204544_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
Here's a sight with a level ( on bottom ) and the bullseye on top. If you cant the bow, left,right,up,down, you won't have a bullseye. It teaches you to keep your arm straight, and bend at the waist if shooting down from a elevated position. You'll " train " yourself to hold the same everytime. I hate peeps on a bow, and this works great for me

Back