Peep Sights

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 57smet on a White, a Williams FP TK on a Renegade and a Williams WGOS fiber optic ghost ring on a 30-30. And plain ghost rings on a couple pistols. I dont really notice much difference between the 57 and the FP when im shooting. Just depends on which aperture is being used. I try to change front sights to FO for use with a peep and especially with a ghost ring.

I recall seeing a peep years ago that was barrel mounted n had a screw in the body you could adjust the elevation up n down. Some were for Dovetail n others were the small screws like hold open sights into the drilled holes like T/C Hawkens n Renegades

I recall seeing a peep years ago that was barrel mounted n had a screw in the body you could adjust the elevation up n down. Some were for Dovetail n others were the small screws like hold open sights into the drilled holes like T/C Hawkens n Renegades

Yep, If its like what I think it is, I have seen those as well. I think they still make them but not sure. The only problem I see is the peep had to be mounted quite a bit forward. Well that and having to drill into the barrel.

Yes, Skinner Sights have two basic variations of what you describe.

Attachments

• EA6520CC-73C8-4541-BBC4-EC14BEEC215B.jpeg
    EA6520CC-73C8-4541-BBC4-EC14BEEC215B.jpeg
    618.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 63B15FBE-F270-4E01-BCDC-7C89A92B1E29.jpeg
    63B15FBE-F270-4E01-BCDC-7C89A92B1E29.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 0
Those are close to what they looked like, TOW has the open model RS-LA but they don't have the peep model
I use the XS Ghost Ring Low Profile sights on two of my Firehawks and I’m pretty happen with them. They attach to a single Weaver scope base, so I could use the original TC mounting points. I will take a picture, when I get home and post it. I use the Lyman sight on my 45 cal. Hawken.

Attachments

• C32A249C-70FA-4144-B130-64B74FA509AD.jpeg
    C32A249C-70FA-4144-B130-64B74FA509AD.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 0
I use the XS Ghost Ring Low Profile sights on two of my Firehawks and I’m pretty happen with them. They attach to a single Weaver scope base, so I could use the original TC mounting points. I will take a picture, when I get home and post it. I use the Lyman sight on my 45 cal. Hawken.
Now that is a nice clean usable peep sight

I’ve always liked the look of those but the inability to change the aperture size is a deal breaker for me. I wonder if you could thread it for a removable aperture disk?

I’ve always liked the look of those but the inability to change the aperture size is a deal breaker for me. I wonder if you could thread it for a removable aperture disk?
They provide two apertures with each sight, a .230" and a .191" inside diameter. They also can provide others, including a 7/32-40 threaded one, as shown here:

Attachments

• 98C8B557-CC03-432F-89E5-56E80041F22F.jpeg
    98C8B557-CC03-432F-89E5-56E80041F22F.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 0
They provide two apertures with each sight, a .230" and a .191" inside diameter. They also can provide others, including a 7/32-40 threaded one, as shown here:
Ahh, good to know - maybe that “7/32-40 threaded” aperature would allow the use of a merit adjustable.

I have a fiber optic front sight that's about too small. It is a high profile but the bead is pretty darn small.
Take a bic lighter and very gently light it and move it towards the front part of fiber optic that you see when looking down your sights, be careful and when you get near it it will melt a little making the fiber a little bigger. Thats what we do for our archery sights. Works like a charm..👍

BaldHog51, good looking sight. Doesit have any adjustments?

I run a peep sight on all my rifles where required. Williams or Lyman 57SME rear with a small fiber optic (like the Williams Western Precision) front.

I have a #4 Merit adjustable peep as well. Yes, they are made with a standard 7/32-40 thread to fit Williams or Lyman peeps. Great for old eyes.

View attachment 30685
Thoughs are really cool I may try find some these for my muzzleloader.

Latest posts

Back