Perma-Gel bullet test!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JJ - Great information - Thx You for all of the hard-work. I have a NULA on order and I really like your paint job. What would I tell Melvin if I wanted to duplicate yours ? Thanks in advance.

VENISONEATR said:
I'll call Jeff :lol:

Boy...I go away for a couple of weeks and look what I find when I come back... :goodman:

----------

J.J.

That is really one heck of a great report....I wish I could do that in my back yard.... :prayer: !!

JC

JC I didn't think you had a back yard, you could always move to Ohio.

Guys..

Hunting season is around the corner...

I will be willing to run a few test before the seasons arive..

I am open for bullet suggestions for testing.

Wanna see your bullet results in perma gel? let me know.

Doohan, if you have the Parker 250BE I would love to see if it holds up like the 275BE.

Hey Doohan!
How 'bout a 300 grainer? I'd like to see the performance of a 300 gr. Bonded Shockwave at smokeless speeds in that gel of your's. Thanks! :yeah:

What about a 250gr XTP? It would be interesting to see how these inexpensive pistol bullets perform on the gel at smokeless speeds.

My other suggestion would be one of the Barnes offerings (245gr Spitfire, 250gr TMZ or 250gr MZ) to see what kind of penetration the all-copper bullets generate at smokeless speeds.

My 2 cents.....

IAhunter said:
What about a 250gr XTP? It would be interesting to see how these inexpensive pistol bullets perform on the gel at smokeless speeds.

My other suggestion would be one of the Barnes offerings (245gr Spitfire, 250gr TMZ or 250gr MZ) to see what kind of penetration the all-copper bullets generate at smokeless speeds.

My 2 cents.....
I am interested in the 250 grn XTP as well.........

Ok guys...

I have

250 TMZ
250 XTP
250 BE

On hand...

I dont have 300gr bonded SW's but I do have the standard 300g SW on hand or 240 XTP Mag..

If anyone would like to send me 5 of each, I will get them shot out of my ULA/HBLE soon.

Thanks guys.. I hope to do some testing THIS weekend.

I started tonight to get zero and speeds..

250 BE's seem to shoot great and the skeeters nearly drained me.

Doohan said:
I started tonight to get zero and speeds..

250 BE's seem to shoot great and the skeeters nearly drained me.
Those little buggers have been bad lately!LOL!

I wouldn't mind seeing what a 168gr A-Max will do at 2700fps. :D

I have this planned for any moment.... rained last night and I had a diversion Sat/Sun of last week..

I will be there Sat AM GODwilling!

Well,I found out how well the 250 grn. XTP was going to hold up being pushed by 42 grns. of N110.Very well!My son put one through the boiler room of a large doe this past saturday during the Indiana youth hunt weekend.She was broad side at approx.60 yds.Hit rib going in and hit rib on opposite,but did not exit,just started to break skin on opposite side.I found the jacket still attached! That surpised me as close as she was.Both holes were grapefruit sized,massive collateral damage.I really expected to find bits and pieces.It bothered me that it did not exit.I may see what the 250 grn XTP Mag. version will do.He keeps all of his shooting to 150 yds or less.This maybe the way to go with him for now.

Well,I found out how well the 250 grn. XTP was going to hold up being pushed by 42 grns. of N110.Very well!My son put one through the boiler room of a large doe this past saturday during the Indiana youth hunt weekend

That's my favorite way to test a bullet! 8)

sounds great!

I shot 325 gr .475 XTP's this weekend over 44gr 4759 / .475 sabots from harvester and it didnt turn out too bad.. Nothing spectacular but it should really bring some heat! Gun was HBLE 167

For a 100 yd zero and sub 150 yd ranges.. I think it will work fine.

WIMA057.jpg

Got to the range today :lol:

Parker 250 BE over 42gr 4795 - NULA 209
Penetration was limited to the length of one block of gel.
Bullet performed very well.
rangeday10-6-07032.jpg

Hornady XTP over 44gr 4759 - HBLE
Penetration again was limited to only one block.
Bullet performance was FLAWLESS!
rangeday10-6-07037.jpg

250 Shockwave over 90gr 777 ffg - T/C Triumph
DISINTIGRATED - Results were the same as the original report...

Back