PERSONAL HOBBIES

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wildlife viewing in Encampment ( back yard) Been watching "Big Boy" for the last 4 yrs. I think hes goes down on river on private during hunting season as he gets mighty scarce LOL. Hard horned in Jan this year, First day rubbing velvet 9/10/20. Sure bright in the morning sun ! If any of you fellas plan on coming through Encampment PM me and I'll give you my vitals as I would consider it an honor to meet you and perhaps share an adult beverage.....Mossie

Attachments

• P1160015.JPG
    P1160015.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 2
  • PC040003.JPG
    PC040003.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6461.jpg
    IMG_6461.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6464.jpg
    IMG_6464.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6466.jpg
    IMG_6466.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 2
Wildlife viewing in Encampment ( back yard) Been watching "Big Boy" for the last 4 yrs. I think hes goes down on river on private during hunting season as he gets mighty scarce LOL. Hard horned in Jan this year, First day rubbing velvet 9/10/20. Sure bright in the morning sun ! If any of you fellas plan on coming through Encampment PM me and I'll give you my vitals as I would consider it an honor to meet you and perhaps share an adult beverage.....Mossie
:cheers:

Ron, back in 1986, driving from Denver to Colorado Springs on I-25 there was no traffic to speak of. It was like driving on I-90 in northern Wyoming today. You would see a car or two every so often. Today, even driving to Pueblo from Trinidad traffic has more than quadrupled. The drug trade is flourishing in Colorado, unfortunately.
I am not saying anything we don't already know but - we are living in a very different world, now, compared to 30 years ago. Traffic, house prices, car features, communications, information transfer, levels of person-to-person civility - all has changed.

I am not saying anything we don't already know but - we are living in a very different world, now, compared to 30 years ago. Traffic, house prices, car features, communications, information transfer, levels of person-to-person civility - all has changed.
You know....you are speaking true. Technology was supposed to improve everything. And to a certain point it has. However, fatherless homes, social media, political correctness, and the list goes on, has contributed to a distasteful world. There were excellent work ethics taught by our past generation. Neighbors, no matter how far apart, were there for each other. Today, the millenials believe they should be given everything without working for it. Of course that is due to parents from the 60's on, bringing up their kids with their liberal free agenda and diseased communes.
There is an old saying that goes, "FREEDOM ISN'T FREE"! It takes, sweat, blood, and tears to stay Free. And at least half of this Country is damned lazy to work for it.

Got home from hunting for Elk last night with my boys. Wife had gone to Trinidad to pick up an order from Walmart. When she got back, she said as she pulled in the driveway to the house, she damned near hit a nice buck. And she isn't even hunting.

BTW: That is a gorgeous buck there. We don't hunt on our land either, not until SHTF!! I know a few ranchers I can always barter for a cow, and we raise chickens, pheasants, and going to increase the quail population next year or sooner. 👍

Stan, if I could manage to get up that way I'd like for you and me to go to Cugino's. I never tried stromboli before. That would be a blast.
I'm changing the subject for a second.
Got a question for you.
Do you know where Calais,ME is?
There is a company called Ez Tops Worldwide, and i am planning to buy a new skylight for my RV from them.
You wouldn't happen to know anything about this outfit and reputation would you?
Thanks,
Stan

As a kid growing up in Georgia my friends roamed the woods around the rural neighborhood, hunted, went swimming and camping. Now the old home place is a cluttered mess of streets & houses. After I graduated from high school, I went to New York with a group to see the World Fair. One display of interest was a "population clock" that was counting upward - have no idea how they did that one - and the US population was well UNDER 200 million. Now our population is approaching double that. And also since that time the world population has increased 4 times! The Earth is obscenely over populated with starvation rampant, clean water is very short supply and millions of refugees clamoring to find something better.

Time was we could easily find a "wild" patch of woods and fields, hunt there and enjoy the serenity. Most of those places are now gone over to suburbs or apartments. I've always felt as if I was being "pushed into a corner" and I know many others feel the same way.

Stan, I do know about where Calais is located but have never been there. The company you mention is one I've never heard of; but then I really don't get out much anymore. Sorry I can't be of more help.

As a kid growing up in Georgia my friends roamed the woods around the rural neighborhood, hunted, went swimming and camping. Now the old home place is a cluttered mess of streets & houses. After I graduated from high school, I went to New York with a group to see the World Fair. One display of interest was a "population clock" that was counting upward - have no idea how they did that one - and the US population was well UNDER 200 million. Now our population is approaching double that. And also since that time the world population has increased 4 times! The Earth is obscenely over populated with starvation rampant, clean water is very short supply and millions of refugees clamoring to find something better.

Time was we could easily find a "wild" patch of woods and fields, hunt there and enjoy the serenity. Most of those places are now gone over to suburbs or apartments. I've always felt as if I was being "pushed into a corner" and I know many others feel the same way.
You ain't wrong.
Out west we still have many places that are wilderness. Where I live and where Mossie lives are still pretty secluded. I've seen people come and go from this area. Winters can be pretty harsh, power outages for as long as a week, dirt roads that turn to deep muddy ruts, a lot of folks have to haul water(I have a well), major city over 100 miles away, well you get my drift. Canada is pretty unpopulated and I figure when SHTF many folks like us will head deeper in to the wilderness where it is more secluded and will fortify their homesteads. More and more folks are learning to live off the land. The good thing about living in these mountains is that most city folk don't go more than 50 yards off the road. They're not willing to climb to climb and go to the next meadow or plateau.

Stan, I do know about where Calais is located but have never been there. The company you mention is one I've never heard of; but then I really don't get out much anymore. Sorry I can't be of more help.
No apology necessary. I appreciate the response.
I'll probably just give them a chance. They seem to have a lot of quality product.

Got home from hunting for Elk last night with my boys. Wife had gone to Trinidad to pick up an order from Walmart. When she got back, she said as she pulled in the driveway to the house, she damned near hit a nice buck. And she isn't even hunting.

BTW: That is a gorgeous buck there. We don't hunt on our land either, not until SHTF!! I know a few ranchers I can always barter for a cow, and we raise chickens, pheasants, and going to increase the quail population next year or sooner. 👍
No apology necessary. I appreciate the response.
I'll probably just give them a chance. They seem to have a lot of quality product.
I have always thought about raising Chukers here in town it's OK to raise fowl as long as the roosters don't crow all day..Dosen't bother ME though.../..Mossie

I have always thought about raising Chukers here in town it's OK to raise fowl as long as the roosters don't crow all day..Dosen't bother ME though.../..Mossie
Actually a long time ago we did raise Chukers. Damn things look like little bandits.:)

One thing nice about Maine is that none of the eastern states have the amount of wilderness we do. Here, is the largest contiguous forest outside Alaska. The power company CMP, which is owned by a Spanish conglomerate, wants to cut miles of forest down to run a massive power line down to Massachusetts! CMP is the most hated and crooked power company in the nation; hated more than the Ca. one that started all those fires last year. But these guys own the best bureaucrats & politicians money can buy. And big corporations ALWAYS get what they want.

One thing nice about Maine is that none of the eastern states have the amount of wilderness we do. Here, is the largest contiguous forest outside Alaska. The power company CMP, which is owned by a Spanish conglomerate, wants to cut miles of forest down to run a massive power line down to Massachusetts! CMP is the most hated and crooked power company in the nation; hated more than the Ca. one that started all those fires last year. But these guys own the best bureaucrats & politicians money can buy. And big corporations ALWAYS get what they want.
wrong thread brother hanshi. :)

Hanshi, you're wrong about the power company starting those fires. Joe says climate change started them.

I'm changing the subject for a second.
Got a question for you.
Do you know where Calais,ME is?
There is a company called Ez Tops Worldwide, and i am planning to buy a new skylight for my RV from them.
You wouldn't happen to know anything about this outfit and reputation would you?
Thanks,
Stan
Hi, Stan,
Calais, Maine is almost as far east as you can go in these United States. I lived in Maine for 25 years and, though I'm in NY State these days, I consider myself a Mainer. Maine has a reputation for having dependable companies that put out quality products, starting with L.L. Bean. Calais is about as far downeast as you can get, so there's not a lot of industry out that way. I think you're probably going to find that they put out a good product, because if they didn't, well, word travels fast in those parts, and they wouldn't last long. Ayuh.
Jim

Hi, Stan,
Calais, Maine is almost as far east as you can go in these United States. I lived in Maine for 25 years and, though I'm in NY State these days, I consider myself a Mainer. Maine has a reputation for having dependable companies that put out quality products, starting with L.L. Bean. Calais is about as far downeast as you can get, so there's not a lot of industry out that way. I think you're probably going to find that they put out a good product, because if they didn't, well, word travels fast in those parts, and they wouldn't last long. Ayuh.
Jim
Thanks for the info Jim.
I am going to order from them. They will even custom make to my dimensions.
Also after checking some of the RV sites, they seem to have a more quality product and heavy duty.
Stan

Up here where winter is king anything other than high quality gets you killed.

You guys are making me drool! The first "cool" car I had was a 59 Ford Galaxy 500 coupe, blue and white with air, white walls, skirts and power steering. Before a Saturday night date, I'd give that car a good washing, spray the whitewalls and towel her off. Then in my jeans and white T shirt, I'd roll all the windows down, crank up the radio and take her down some back country road about 75 or 80. There was nothing like being single, driving that car, and listening to the radio as I tooled along on a summer afternoon. What a feelin of freedom that was. Any of you guys get your seats covered with that plastic wrap? Ron, your 55 is a real beauty for sure.
Did it have that retractable roof? That was a great vehicle....loved the design.

Latest posts

Back