Picatinny for newer CVA rifles?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it fits like in the above pic. I will either email or call them. I wanna replace the base on my sml rifle and scout 357 Max pistol. I want to go with Talley base and Warne rings on sml and Murphy base and Warne rings (already on it) on the 357 Max pistol.

Yeah I got the DNZ but I have not installed it yet. I will report back once I get several shots through it.

Tom
I have DNZ Game Reapers on my CVA Accura V2 (275 grain Bloodline bullets/110 grains BH 209/1,951 fps), CVA Scout 445 SuperMag/44 Mag (210 grain CEB Maximus/2,187 fps), and on my CVA Scout 444 Marlin (250 grain CEB Maximus/2,441 fps). They have worked flawlessly for me.

That said, PLEASE be sure to follow the DNZ installation instructions. I would suggest blue Loctite on the base screws, and none on the rings screws. I did 30 in./lbs. on the base screws, and 28 in./lbs. on the ring screws. The scopes are all Zeiss or Leupolds with 30mm tubes. I also replaced the hex head ring screws with the Torx head ring screws.

I got the Talley Picatinny rail for CVA (P00252006) and it fit my new Optima V2 well. I reversed it from what Stevie posted and had to use medium Warne rings so the bell cleared with the setback I needed without having to remove the rear sight.
0PiIL1v.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a Talley Rail, great fit to my MR-X 45cal. Much longer than the original. You can also reverse.

vaaytq7.jpg

xcG3jPY.jpg
My base looks like the one above. It has the part # as the one below. They don't look the same to me. One has the cantilever and one doesn't. I'm I missing something here????
I got the Talley Picatinny rail for CVA (P00252006) and it fit my new Optima V2 well. I reversed it from what Stevie posted and had to use medium Warne rings so the bell cleared with the setback I needed without having to remove the rear sight.
0PiIL1v.jpg

The front of the base that I mounted does not sit flush with the barrel. There is a small gap between the barrel and the rail just like in your picture but it is on the other end.

The front of the base that I mounted does not sit flush with the barrel. There is a small gap between the barrel and the rail just like in your picture but it is on the other end.
In the pic you posted, I didn't see the cantilever. It looks like it's a solid base for its full length. If I mount my base like Stevie. The gun wouldn't close and the cantilever part would be too long. The hammer would hit the base.

0PiIL1v.jpg
If I was to get a rail this be the one I’d pick up. Especially for anything before the x series

Latest posts

Back