picatinny rail screw spacing for 2003 optima ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffB1961

Reaction score
is the pic rail screw spacing for older optimas the same as it is for new models ?
is it the same as the new acuras ?

i'd like the scope i currently have on the old 2003 to be about 1 1/2 inches further back . it currently has some two piece bases on it with rings that go through the bases . i want a picatinny rail because i'll probably upgrade to a better scope and the ones i'm liking have 30mm to 34mm tubes so i'll need new rings .

and correct me if i'm wrong ..... but weaver rings will fit on pic rails/bases .... but pic rings won't always fit on weaver rails/bases ..... ???

should the 46600 version of this rail fit even though it says for the accura ? i used a tape measure on the screws on the optima and they look like they fit that spacing .... but i'm using a milwaukee tape and it isn't as precise as their thousandths of a inch so of course i'm approximating .
https://www.egwguns.com/cva-inline-accura-muzzleloader-picatinny-railis EGW a good/safe company to deal with ?

thanks , jeff

Last edited:
EGW seems to have a good reputation.

I have not personally done business with them, but I’ve read lots of posts from satisfied customers on “the Forums.” Just as importantly, I don’t recall reading any disparaging comments.

Sorry, I don’t have an answer to any of your other questions.

thanks Jitterbug . i'll post a pic of the screw spacing when the lady gets up .
EGW says .....
This mount fits:
CVA Inline Muzzleloader
CVA Accura Muzzleloader

i hate the idea of paying $40 but i can't find anything cheaper anywhere else . :(
i won't be getting anything for about 3 weeks so maybe something will become available for a better price between now and then .

cva_differences_image.jpg

KNOWN

The old model Accura screw spacing is the 46600 spacing.

The new model Optima screw spacing is the 46603 spacing.

GUESS

The old model Optima screw spacing is the 46600 spacing. Seems reasonable.

my pics of my bases . i used 1 as a starting point because it is easier to center for a pic 20220509_102049.jpg20220509_102114.jpg

thanks folks . if i can't find a better deal when i'm ready i'll get the 46600 .

Over the last decade or so, I sold and mounted a metric ton of EGW bases. Never once did I have a problem. I don't think they are the prettiest base, but then my LK-93 is fugly but shoots like the belle of the ball.

after i posted this i started thinking that by the time i add shipping and rings i'm gonna be about $70 - $80 in ...... . i can get a Leupold VX Freedom 4-12x40mm Creedmoor with a eye relief of 4.9 to 3.7 inches that has a 1 inch tube for $270 after a $30 gift card so that would make my total cost to upgrade my optics $200ish .... if i deduct the cost of the rail and new mounts . decisions decisions .......

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...dmoor-rifle-scope-creedmoor-reticle?a=2245598

Over the last decade or so, I sold and mounted a metric ton of EGW bases. Never once did I have a problem. I don't think they are the prettiest base, but then my LK-93 is fugly but shoots like the belle of the ball.

good to hear they make quality stuff .

Latest posts

Back