Pickled Polish Sausage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I love the stuff and can never find it in stores around here so I make my own. I justput this jar in the fridge this morning and it'll be ready in about two weeks.

KAr5CKB.jpg

How about a recipe, my 12 year old would live on it if I'd let him. $10. For a little more then a pint jar . Dont buy it very often, but when I do , he wipes it out real quick. Then he has the wife put boiled eggs in the left over " juice "...lol

I simply simmer the sausage until it’s fully cooked. I let it cool then slip the casing off the meat and cut the links into thirds.

I add about 1/4 cup of canning salt to a pint and a half of white vinegar (cider vinegar will also work) plus a heaping tablespoon of sugar in a sauce pan and heat it until lightly boiling. Add two heaping tablespoons of pickling spices to the brine and simmer for ten minutes more. Reduce heat but keep hot over low heat while packing a quart jar with the sausage pieces. Fill with the hot brine to just Uber the rim. Screw on a band and cover. When cool set in fridge. Allow 3 weeks before dining in style. Lol

Back