Pile of perch

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
These are almost water ready and look like they fool a crappie or two. Smallies should enjoy the larger 1 1/2" baits in the center of the picture. The other are 7/10' on the left and 1" on the right.

rDF0ITw.jpg

WOW. Those look like real crappie catchers. Going on a fishing trip up by Shell Lake Wisconsin this spring and fall. Planning on giving the small crankbaits a try.

Crappie will hit the 1.5 in baits also, have caught 6 inch crappie on a 2 in crank when trolling for them..their appetite is bigger then their mouth sometimes.
Great looking baits again.

Great looking baits Tom, what would be a good color for muddy water? I’ve never saw the water stay muddy this long before and more rain in the forecast. Oh well guess I will take it as it comes.

In dirty water I use really dark colors or colors with the newer UV enhancement on them. Lures with bead rattles or a clicker of some sort can draw hits from sound location too. Dirty water is challenging and sometimes its just better to wait for it to clear out some.

Latest posts

Back