Played Gilligan.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
....and took a six hour tour. Lake Michigan on a great charter service. Three of us, 15 cohos and kings. Nothing huge but some great eating. 4 to 8 pounds. I'm used to Lake Superior fish and these Lake Michigan fish are way chunkier. The length/weight is really something else.

This was Ma's first time fishing big water and the look on her face when that first coho decided that the boat was not the place to be was just plain hilarious. Carole boated four and lost four. My buddy Gary, the shorter guy in the picture, has been out with this charter service before. Several times in fact. Our guide Shane was a burly looking fella, a two Afghanistan tour combat marine vet/school teacher/tile setter/fishing guide was certainly worth his salt today as he never let us go for more than a couple minutes without fish hitting.

Great trip over and back in two days and the six hours fishing was priceless.

BSq1twH.jpg

AWESOME!! Looks like a good trip to me! Anyday out on the water is A ok in my book :yeah: Those will be some good eating! You gonna Smoke them?

Oh yes, got two bags of fillets set aside as smoking material. The angle at which the picture was taken makes the fish look a bit smaller than they are and the picture can't show the thickness of these animals, but the three bags of fillets weigh a ton. I got our take separated and bagged and in the freezer last night. If it ever stops raining I'll be getting to the smoking.

Back