Plunger guns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyhunter

Reaction score
Who still shoots one? I love my Knight Wolverine. I also have a CVA Wolf but seem to grab my Knight every time. I have shot at 2 deer so far and both took the ride home. Would love to find a great condition Black Diamond to add to my collection. Let's see pics of some plunger guns. I will post a pic of mine when I get home.

Check with jbaker, he had one for sale a while back. Look on the fs section.

I have 2, both Knight BigHorn's. 1 is a 28" blued and 1 is a 32" SS. I grab the blued one almost every time. Both will shoot same hole repeatedly @ 50yds, w/o putting forth any extra effort. Aim and squeeze the trigger.

Older Traditions BuckHunter .50, 1:32 twist. My 1st muzzleloader, my wife bought it for me for a Christmas present. I pitted the barrel slightly 'cause I was an idiot but it still shoots good. It's a dirty girl but what do ya do;)

XPaLS3V.jpg

All my white rifles an shotgun are plungers. The super 91 .451 is on a 7 deer streak. 4 this season. She's finished till next year.
The super 91 .504 killed 3 this season with my oldest son, his first muzzleloader kills.
The optima V2 will go out next month for the late season, but hard to beat the whites!

I absolutely love the Knight Wolverine guns especially the 45 cal. ones if you can find one anymore they make great conical shooters. I had one that I shot the Bull Shop .452 488 gr and 465 gr and boy they just flat lay down the deer where they was standing. But screwed up and sold it :wall::wall::wall: BUT man Id love to find another one to buy.

Like Toytruck all of my White ML's are plungers. I love them all. If I had to find one complaint against them is you need to have some scope protector on your scopes otherwise the finish to the scopes will be ruined in as little as one good range session.

My muzzleloader collection consists of a handful of Knight MK-85's and another handful of Whites. They are all plunger guns. I enjoy shooting them and owning them. Very accurate and dependable under all conditions. Scopes do need protection like Ed said.
w0QD2nA.jpg

my Super Safari
YUk0LoL.jpg

One of my mk85s

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my Knight with the first deer taken with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20181227_074251475_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20181227_074251475_HDR.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 10
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
My muzzleloader collection consists of a handful of Knight MK-85's and another handful of Whites. They are all plunger guns. I enjoy shooting them and owning them. Very accurate and dependable under all conditions. Scopes do need protection like Ed said.
w0QD2nA.jpg

my Super Safari
YUk0LoL.jpg

One of my mk85s

OMG :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: Two BEAUTIFUL rifles

I’ve got a couple Black Diamonds, a .45 and a .50. The .45 was my first inline rifle and I used it to kill a number of deer. Once I put a scope on it access to the breech with fat numb fingers became problematic. I still shoot them once in a while but for hunting I much prefer the simplicity of break open guns.

That's the ad I bought it off of. It looks a little better now with peep sights and front Fire sight.

Older Traditions BuckHunter .50, 1:32 twist. My 1st muzzleloader, my wife bought it for me for a Christmas present. I pitted the barrel slightly 'cause I was an idiot but it still shoots good. It's a dirty girl but what do ya do;)

XPaLS3V.jpg
What load are you shooting in your BuckHunter? My BIL has one an we are having a time dialing it in. He didn't take care of it either...Thanks!

I absolutely love the Knight Wolverine guns especially the 45 cal. ones if you can find one anymore they make great conical shooters. I had one that I shot the Bull Shop .452 488 gr and 465 gr and boy they just flat lay down the deer where they was standing. But screwed up and sold it :wall::wall::wall: BUT man Id love to find another one to buy.

Only 45s ive seen were the Sportmans exclusives they sold for a short period of time. Those were very cool with the light contour Elite type barrels. Knight should bring those back in a 1-20 twist. The Sportmans 45 was a 1-30 twist.

Anything over a 420gr is a pretty long 45cal bullet for a 1-30 twist. Once you start getting over an inch long the 1-30 struggles and the 1-20 is just getting started.

Ruger Model 77's 002.jpg Here is my Ruger that was manufactured as a plunger percussion gun. I bought it used and it also has a 209 BP. I eventually added the "Bolt Nose" conversion which modified the existing bolt and replaced the plunger with a true firing pin. The primer is held in the face of the bolt and is indexed so their is no blow out thru the ejection port. I restocked this gun and checkered it and liked the outcome so well that I did the same with a 2nd Ruger.

Latest posts

Back