Pockets full

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I feel under dressed! In a small backpack, knife, extra shirt, Kindle for reading, cell phone, charger and cable, license, range finder (not always), grunt tube and a knife In my pocket, 3 lanes tubes, 2 with powder and the 3rd with bullets. During MZ season a camo hat goes in the bag and a neck gaiter. During MZ season here in VA we have to wear orange to our stand.
Or pink 😃

Everyone forgot the main item Butt wipes my daughter is a nurse and she got me those wet hospital wipes patience use to clean hands and face Don't need them anymore hunting from a car I just have a roll of toilet paper

Interesting to read about what y'all carry in the woods. Besides my possible bag, I carry a small backpack. Items included are a small folding saw, pruning shears, 20 ft. length of paracord, extra pair of gloves, topo map of the area I'm hunting, 2 compasses,
head lamp, small flashlight, Bic lighter, small pair of binoculars and range finder.

It may be different in the west. My favorite hunting begins over a half mile and 1000’ of climbing from the jeep track. My son, granddaughter and I hunted pretty hard for the two days she had available and by his gps device track we did almost 10 miles one day and close to 6 the second. We’re usually out from 4:00 to well after dark so we carry appropriate gear and clothing. If we’re stuck out overnight we can do so. (Which sucks and it’s almost unbearable these days but if we have to we can) I use an old Mountainsmith pack and they both have Kifaru gear for carrying extra layers, survival gear, food and water for the day plus binoculars, ammunition (I use the T/C ready loads with powder, bullet and extra caps.) a caping knife and boning knife, small sharpening stone and game bags. I have two more youngsters great granddaughters to hunt with before I give up on siwash style hunting for good. I’m grateful for my prescription oxycodone and vitamin M (Motrin) but buddy I’m just getting too long in the tooth for this.

Latest posts

Back