Post pic

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Can anyone post a pic of their super safari with scope mounted. Especially the placement of the front mount. Is it on the barrel or receiver? Ty shorty

Mine are on the reciever but mine are White bases and rings which were made by Warne. I'm pretty sure that Weaver made bases that both go on the reciever and also an option with one base on the barrel. I think if you do a search on this forum you will soon know more than I do about those Weaver bases on Whites.

just talked to Marlowe, he said that he did not like the base on the barrel, as i do not either. That was an option but i never seen anything like that.👎 so now calling warne about a steel set.. thank you all..

just talked to Marlowe, he said that he did not like the base on the barrel, as i do not either. That was an option but i never seen anything like that.👎 so now calling warne about a steel set.. thank you all..
Warne has not made the bases for the S91 in about 10-15 years. I got the last three sets they had about 10 years ago. The customer service guy went out to their storage warehouse and found three sets that were in with the stored tooling. I would go ahead and give them a call, ya never know, they may find more or have another solution.

Got the weaver #11 base that the book called barrel breach…? That fit the front receiver. Went to put the Burris z rings on and there was a ring screw missing, bought at rummage sale..changed direction and put regular warne rings on it for now. Feels good, can’t wait to get to shoot it, weather dependent..769F4E84-0DC3-4BAE-9BD8-04824F25E60A.jpegD60CABB5-FD68-4131-83C9-12D6EE29F975.jpeg

Sir, your choice of rings...
giphy.gif

I don't really have a " first choice" in rings since Warne hasn't been making any for a decade . But I sure seem to have a lot of Burris signature rings on guns for some reason even though I don't have a preference
What do you mean that warne hasn’t been making rings for a decade?

May be a little late to the party. On the guns I own the front weaver style base is attached to the receiver but over hangs the barrel.

image.jpg

with scope off
image.jpg

the original Warne bases that were talked about by a poster.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back