Powder Substitutes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I did a thing, I got the Uberti Single Action Black Powder Cattleman. I ordered the Muzzle-Loaders.com Black powder loading stand and the pin in the press is too large for the cylinder. This caused me to pause and question something critical.

I had ordered 1000 #10 CCI primers from Cabelas and realized my powder may not like it. I can all but discount using the Blackhorn 209, but will my Triple 7 work with these primers? Or am I fixing to get bullets and powder stuck in these chambers?

Also is the pin designed to be too little so a conversion cylinder can not be utilized? And if so is there a preferred stand for these Uberti 1873's?

I am curious what other pitfalls I may run into with this thing.

Attachments

• 20221026_203511.jpg
    20221026_203511.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
It looks to be the same manufacturer, it has the same specifications just without the Muzzle-Loaders.com logo.

I appreciate what Muzzle-Loaders.com does, but I feel like I am just getting Wish quality items.

I guess I will just mill down the pin, until I find the time to make a better tool.

Did you get a few different pins for the stand, the cylinder pins swap depending on the cylinder you're loading? Maybe they forgot to include them? A call to Muzzle-Loaders might get the missing parts.

Did you get a few different pins for the stand, the cylinder pins swap depending on the cylinder you're loading? Maybe they forgot to include them? A call to Muzzle-Loaders might get the missing parts.
No i did not get different pins for the stand, I just turned the pin down today, and got off about 24 rounds, one miss fire, learned to probe the nipples between cylinders.

Back