PowerBelt Aero Lite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTGrad

Reaction score
After shooting a few sabot combinations out of my new Accura MR, it does like the 300 grain PowerBelt AeroLite with 100 grains BH209. I would never shoot a 245 grain PowerBelt Aerotip based off reviews and what I’ve seen, but does anyone have first hand reviews of the AeroLite?

PowerBelts are just an overpriced lead conical is all I see , way better choices for conicals out there and ALOT cheaper as well. Don't push them hard I would not go over 80 gr of powder with a PowerBelt bullet.
If you like lead conicals look at BullShop Bullets web sight some of the BEST there is .

Muley Hunter,

You are exactly right. The new gun owner expects to put three pellets down the barrel and a powerbelt on top. Most go back to 90-100 grains of powder and at least get better results.

With my CVA Accura MR with a 25” barrel based off the posted ballistics with BH209 and the 300 grain Aerolite I bet I’m about 1700-1750 FPS. The shorter barrel of the MR might “neuter” some of the BH209 velocity.

PB's were designed in the first stage of modern muzzleloaders they are very expensive for a lead bullet and will go to pieces on a deer's shoulder if pushed to hard, they tend to be quite accurate in most guns and if the velocity is kept down to 1500 or less are useable. Tried them for a few years and decided I could get a much better bullet for a lot less money.

Treat them line a conical with a large HP and the will perform like a conical with a large HP.

With my CVA Accura MR with a 25” barrel based off the posted ballistics with BH209 and the 300 grain Aerolite I bet I’m about 1700-1750 FPS. The shorter barrel of the MR might “neuter” some of the BH209 velocity.

Not really. I'm shooting the 300gr Aerolite out of a Wolf with a 24" barrel. I use 70gr of BH for cow elk and muley's. That will still hit harder than the .54 round ball I used to use for the same game.

Don't shoot shoulders. Double lung only.

Yep start with 70gr up in 5gr increments BUT I wouldn't go above 80-85gr. IF I was bound and determined to shoot a PB I would shoot the solid flat pt. If they still make them and wouldn't go over 80gr by volume of powder.

Back