Powerbelt ELR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice group for sure. Not having to use a sizing die is a plus. I wonder if they will perform similar to a 275gr Ballistic Extreme on deer size game.

Will you be sharing some 200 yard targets? That is the sml that i am saving $ for. I also want to try those in my Knight 45 1:20. With BH209.
I didn't shoot the target. It was posted on another web site by the person who actually did the shooting. I'm no expert, but the bullet must be obturating enough to shoot well for him.

I just wonder if it is going to be tough enough to survive those 25-50 yard shots that most people encounter when they get all geared up for shooting longer than 200 yards and then have one walk right into their set.

Personal experience. That is why I am shooting Barnes bullets. :thumb:

i'm geared up so i don't like hunting from a stand anymore

I have been looking at bullet options that I wouldn't have to resize and were 45cal in a smokeless.

The ELR is something I am going to try but running it faster than the OP showed. Hopefully the ELR will hold up better than other powerbelts have for me in the past.

I have been looking at bullet options that I wouldn't have to resize and were 45cal in a smokeless.

The ELR is something I am going to try but running it faster than the OP showed. Hopefully the ELR will hold up better than other powerbelts have for me in the past.

Definitely let us know how the ELRs hold up, but I won't be holding my breath. However, I would love to be surprised.

Bumping this thread to keep from having to make a whole new one for a simple question. I can pick up a pick of these elr powerbelts at gander outdoors here in town for $8.99 as the entire store is 50 percent off besides firearms. Pretty darn cheap for powerbelts and I’ll admit I kinda hate them as they have always shot well on target but for the price performed terribly on game for myself and a lot of others..but would these be an option to try in my .45 omega? They are designed for 1-22 twist 26” barrel..my .45 omega is a rescue gun that I had to cut the last 4” of barrel off to get rid of some nasty pitting and regrown it..just curious how they will perform in a slower 1-28” twist barrel with 3f t7 velocities that I normally use pushing a 200 grain sst out of this particular gun..thanks for any input..also if I get them where the heck to I get the loading jag...it’s on backorder everywhere I look

You can order the spin jag specific to the parker/pitman bullets and it works great. You have to be sure to get the right on . Not the standard one.

hanksprecisiongunparts.com also has a universal spin-jag that will fit down to a .375cal also. I have one and also a spin-jag for pittman bullets. They are equal in performance, hank's cost is comparable.

Back