PRBullet conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pa.Marshall

Reaction score
has anyone used one of the Prbullet conversions yet on the Ruger 77 or Remington 700 . Looks like all you need to switch barrels is a strap wrench and they will headspace your centerfire barrel to use. Pros-cons ?

Con, no fast twist 45cal. Cecil claims 45cal 1-20 cant shoot bullets fast. Anyone that promotes that will never touch a gun i own.

has anyone used one of the Prbullet conversions yet on the Ruger 77 or Remington 700 . Looks like all you need to switch barrels is a strap wrench and they will headspace your centerfire barrel to use. Pros-cons ?
I dont know about that offering of pr bullet but the strap wrench thing is ok ,as long as 60ft lbs is about all tbe torque required . Youll still need an internal lug wrench to do it . IMO heres a better , more user friendly way -- west texas ordnance switch barrel lug system . Youll need a gunsmith of good high quality workmanship to do it but it is no effort at all to use yourself. No strain , no fuss , if you can turn a screwdriver you can do it !!! It repeats accurately for your scope and its safe !!! Www. West texas ordnance .com
Im haveing this system done on a browning a--bolt in 300 win mag and 45 raptor barrels . Its the most user friendly system out there , has awesome reviews , and is highly respected by the precision shooting gunsmith . Its , "The One" !!! I figure you want a rifle/muzzleloader set up ? You could even set up a donor action for different mz calibers , useing 1 really nice breech plug !!! Or along with your exsisting rifle barrel .

Last edited:
Con, no fast twist 45cal. Cecil claims 45cal 1-20 cant shoot bullets fast. Anyone that promotes that will never touch a gun i own.
Cecil would be much smarter if he didnt talk most of the time .

Slideshow, Am always lookin for something new to try but like to do some research first.
Go ahead i looked for a looonnnng time . A 1000yd target shooter/gunsmith showed it to me . Look them up pa !!!

You can buy a RemAge barrel setup. Even get the action setup for lug pins like Savage uses. Then use either HIS or ASG .473 LRMP modules and plug. It wont handle full 1.25" shank loads but it will be just fine.

Latest posts

Back