PREFIT BARRELS & IGNITION SYSTEMS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason you gettin all this ??? We are sick , sick men........:eek:
Yeh I guess since I wasn’t logged in my reply disappereared at log in. Lots of ppl shooting the sml for sure. I’ve backed up to just build one from ground up. Going 45 I believe with HIS fluted barrel with lrcustoms brake. Mc Milan game warden stock with trued rem 700 action. Prolly single shot. The LRMP seems to give a little more fps. Looks addictive so I better buy and build the one I want.

Yeh I guess since I wasn’t logged in my reply disappereared at log in. Lots of ppl shooting the sml for sure. I’ve backed up to just build one from ground up. Going 45 I believe with HIS fluted barrel with lrcustoms brake. Mc Milan game warden stock with trued rem 700 action. Prolly single shot. The LRMP seems to give a little more fps. Looks addictive so I better buy and build the one I want.
Atta boy Jason !!! That sounds Nice !!!

Boyd's makes some nice stocks for that mini B,,has a cheap plastic stock for $89 there's not a true ultralight stock made for that gun right now I think I would just settle with one of the boyds wood laminates I would have to study that 40 cal a little bit more I've always been afraid of it and smokeless a little bit because of the pressure issues but shooting blackhorn that shouldn't be a problem
Bell&carlson makes 2 stocks for the Howa mini action both w full length alum. bedding blocks . A sporter @ 2lb and a m40 style . Nice lookin stocks !!! Those laminates can be a bit heavy-- just sayin.......
You got me curious so i looked b&c up .

Yep thats the one !!! Just looked it up myself too !!!! Thats a tip you gave me and i went looking for them !!! Gold Nugget that was !!! Thank you !!!

Levi can make a brake for a pencil and it'll write smoother.

Here's a new brake he's been designing that he just posted a video of.

LRC Shop: introducing the Recoil Reaper. A new large rifle muzzlebrake from LRC that not only reaps felt recoil, but is extremely tunable for muzzle rise and shot torque. This brake follows our standard for reducing shooter felt concussion. This video, featuring my lovely wife, who is a small statured lady, firing a BA-50, 50 BMG. Using 660 gr ball ammo. As you can see, and as we exclaim on the vid, that rifle has very very little felt recoil. We tested out some heavier loads, up to 808 gr, and found with the increased energy at the muzzle, the tunable top ports came into play. This brake is the new standard in our large rifle brake line. The Reaper Port Technology and tunability will be introduced into some of our smaller brakes as time allows.
Thanks for watching.

I didn't know Bell and Carlson was making a stock for the mini that's cool I'll check that out, I'm starting to get all the parts together might take me six months,I'm going to stay focused on the 45 if it works out I might get another 40 cal barrel for it but blackhorn only

Levi can make a brake for a pencil and it'll write smoother.

Here's a new brake he's been designing that he just posted a video of.

LRC Shop: introducing the Recoil Reaper. A new large rifle muzzlebrake from LRC that not only reaps felt recoil, but is extremely tunable for muzzle rise and shot torque. This brake follows our standard for reducing shooter felt concussion. This video, featuring my lovely wife, who is a small statured lady, firing a BA-50, 50 BMG. Using 660 gr ball ammo. As you can see, and as we exclaim on the vid, that rifle has very very little felt recoil. We tested out some heavier loads, up to 808 gr, and found with the increased energy at the muzzle, the tunable top ports came into play. This brake is the new standard in our large rifle brake line. The Reaper Port Technology and tunability will be introduced into some of our smaller brakes as time allows.
Thanks for watching.

WOW !!!!!!!!!! ......yep.....that about covers that......!!!!! :thumb:

Huummm ......, i wonder just how slim he could go.......

Last edited:
I didn't know Bell and Carlson was making a stock for the mini that's cool I'll check that out, I'm starting to get all the parts together might take me six months,I'm going to stay focused on the 45 if it works out I might get another 40 cal barrel for it but blackhorn only
Cool !!! The reason im so interested in a 40 are many . With the White conical rifles according to Doc's ballistic tables a 451 shooting a 460gr and a 410 shooting a 400gr are nearly identical in flight path and energy delivered at 200yds . The 451 , iirc , has a Nearly 200fps Head Start at the muzzle !!! This falls away pretty darn quickly . Thats some pretty impressive bc induced figures for Even a Conical !!! Now then , if you look around at 300gr or so some of these 40's got a bc thats REALLY Beyond whats available for a 45 !!! Well......that didnt take me long to cipher . Even if i start slower im ahead regardless of What powder is used .
As far as the smokeless spikes go , from what i can determine , that primer will be talking to ya long before things get stupid . Use a Federal , they are the softest in the industry and will relay the message before Any others . They show signs , a slower powder is required BEFORE any more velocity is sought out . Pretty simple .
I THINK where some get into pressure trouble is they Keep Pushing After the Primer is ALREADY Showing Pressure Signs To STOP !!! The chronograph needs to be ciphered too . Book loads for something like a 405 win is a good place to start . Just gotta remember there is no lil spike on ignition for a mz , only bullet swelling up . No jump then slam into rifleing . Pressures Are lower . Any loading takes thought . This isnt insurmountable !!!
I could go on but i think you can get the picture . A bit condensed but valid . And PLEASE , correct me if im wrong !!!!!!

Last edited:
got a brand new mini sitting here I've had four of those little mini howa's I really really like them,there's a gentleman I think it's MGM barrels that makes a barrel nut barrel for a mini Hawa if I could get him to install one of Luke's or Hanks plugs and then I headspace it myself I would head right down the road, like I said it can be a black horn rifle that's fine
That mini Howa is No Doubt the way to go for a blackhorn build . Id bet though a milder smokeless load Can be found too !!! I think the powder youd like to see from blackhorn is out there in smokeless form Someplace . If ula did it i bet you can too !!! Thats probably a better starting platform than i have now !!! I know it is truthfully . I just really like that dam Rem and all that goes with that brands 700 . Besides , i already got this 700ml , and its in Really Nice shape . Ya got me thinkin though.... maybe Sideshow need one...... See what you did lol.....:bang:
I can hear the sirens already......

My buddy has a MGM barrel in 1 in 18 for his 460 S&W Encore and its really a nice barrel !!! Expensive but really nice !!! You MAY be able to one--stop--shop there . I believe they use ASG plugs for the mz barrels they make for break open guns . That could be a really smooth road IF they talk NI$E !!! Just sayin......the nuts there , the plugs there , barrels are there........

Last edited:
I got a barrel being cut it should be here in two or three weeks ,, I have 223 bolt face in the mini and the PPC bolt face in the mini,to be honest with you I think the PPC Grendel bolt face would probably be better module, but the 223arrowhead module will work fine I might be shooting the gun by midsummer we'll see, I'm a Remington 700 man also I just would like to have a lighter smaller action, I do like the two-stage trigger on the howa,, I realize that I would have to have some modules custom made for the PPC bolt face,,but it might be worth The venture other people might get interested in something like this,I know a lot of people like me are looking for a bolt-action lightweight muzzleloader that has a quality barrel 1 in 20 twist

I got a barrel being cut it should be here in two or three weeks ,, I have 223 bolt face in the mini and the PPC bolt face in the mini,to be honest with you I think the PPC Grendel bolt face would probably be better module, but the 223arrowhead module will work fine I might be shooting the gun by midsummer we'll see, I'm a Remington 700 man also I just would like to have a lighter smaller action, I do like the two-stage trigger on the howa,, I realize that I would have to have some modules custom made for the PPC bolt face,,but it might be worth The venture other people might get interested in something like this,I know a lot of people like me are looking for a bolt-action lightweight muzzleloader that has a quality barrel 1 in 20 twist
You betcha thats a nice concept you got there !!!! One Heck of a Brainstorm !!!! Thats as close to a NULA clone with a better twist rate there is !!!! You da MAN on this idea !!!!!! :elmer:

Some MAY complain about its not USA made . So What !!!! Those Howas are Quality guns . Many foreign guns are Excellant , and some are Better than whats made Here as well . Good is good in todays world . I just gotta figure out how to swing one !!!

Last edited:
Damn......i could just keep that 700ml as a bh209 50 and 54 gun . I like that rifle , its really good shape , and i got a use for both --- so i SAY , LOL !!! Gonna have to look as to whats available in the mini Howa line up for bolt faces . Need a money tree.....sick , sick men......:D

Brownells has the shorter barrel blackouts for 329 on sale couple years ago they had the 7.62 by 39 for $250 like I mentioned the magazine release issue made a lot of people walk away from the Mini howa it hasn't bothered me any

The 5 round mag is big enough but I'll figure out a way to make me a box cover for that magwell

Latest posts

Back