PREFIT BARRELS & IGNITION SYSTEMS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get a chance can you weigh just the action please. A ULA model 20 action is 20oz. That is supposed to be how it got its name. :D

My ULA bolt is 229grams which ends up a tiny bit lighter than the Mini
jW6AfAP.jpg

I have to figure out a way to get the barrel off the action I don't have an action wrench for that size yet I think I can get it off so I would imagine that information is online somewhere if you Google it ,, legacy international that imports those may have that information I still bet it's online somewhere do a search and let me know

Found it
Stock action is 23.5 oz, without action screws, just the action and bolt.
Bolt itself is 9.5 oz leaving the action steel at 14.5 oz.

So its pretty freaking close to the ULA model 20 action.

Found it

Here's your chance GM54-120 .
Betcha i know who wont sleep tonight...... :woohoo: .......:thumb:

Last edited:
I got a barrel being cut it should be here in two or three weeks ,, I have 223 bolt face in the mini and the PPC bolt face in the mini,to be honest with you I think the PPC Grendel bolt face would probably be better module, but the 223arrowhead module will work fine I might be shooting the gun by midsummer we'll see, I'm a Remington 700 man also I just would like to have a lighter smaller action, I do like the two-stage trigger on the howa,, I realize that I would have to have some modules custom made for the PPC bolt face,,but it might be worth The venture other people might get interested in something like this,I know a lot of people like me are looking for a bolt-action lightweight muzzleloader that has a quality barrel 1 in 20 twist
Just what is the parent case for the 6.5 grendal ??

7.62 by 39,, 6 PPC,, Grendel all have the same bolt face,, right now I do not know any modules on that bolt face diameter,, I'll probably build it on the 223 but again I'd rather have it on the PPC,,if I can get the 223 modules up and running and where I want it to be maybe I could get Jeff or Luke to make some modules with a 6ppc bolt face,, that will play out in time,,

7.62 by 39,, 6 PPC,, Grendel all have the same bolt face,, right now I do not know any modules on that bolt face diameter,, I'll probably build it on the 223 but again I'd rather have it on the PPC,,if I can get the 223 modules up and running and where I want it to be maybe I could get Jeff or Luke to make some modules with a 6ppc bolt face,, that will play out in time,,
The 300blk i Think is based off the 223 isnt it ?? Im not so up on the smaller cf stuff other than my 22-250 .

Yes the blackout is based on the 223,,I'd shoot the small stuff if I could get Black Horn in the barrel and stuff a bullet down them

defiance arms has a new action it's not on their website I called him and talked to him it weighs 20 oz just a just a little bit over 20 oz p I went ahead and ordered one should be ready in July it's under $1,000 I know that's a lot of money for a lot of people it is for me but a defiance action is the best, it will be the second model I'm doing the howa first

The McMillan Game Warden is a really nice stock. I have it in dark McWoody. Its about an 8 month wait for a build. I HIGHLY recommend you get the adjustable cheek, and get both front sling studs.
Yeah that adjustable is where it’s at for sure. Got any pics???

Levi can make a brake for a pencil and it'll write smoother.

Here's a new brake he's been designing that he just posted a video of.

LRC Shop: introducing the Recoil Reaper. A new large rifle muzzlebrake from LRC that not only reaps felt recoil, but is extremely tunable for muzzle rise and shot torque. This brake follows our standard for reducing shooter felt concussion. This video, featuring my lovely wife, who is a small statured lady, firing a BA-50, 50 BMG. Using 660 gr ball ammo. As you can see, and as we exclaim on the vid, that rifle has very very little felt recoil. We tested out some heavier loads, up to 808 gr, and found with the increased energy at the muzzle, the tunable top ports came into play. This brake is the new standard in our large rifle brake line. The Reaper Port Technology and tunability will be introduced into some of our smaller brakes as time allows.
Thanks for watching.

Yep. They getting my brake business. Now just gotta find that right barrel set up

Love that NF too. ATACR??
That's the NXS 5.5-22x50 MOAR.

On those adjustable cheek pieces, I remove mine each time I clean to get the bolt out without marking the cheek piece, so I put rubber "O" rings on the studs once I find the proper height. Once the rifle is cleaned and goes back together, just drop the cheek piece in place and tighten it. Maintains your desired height.

Here's your chance GM54-120 .
Betcha i know who wont sleep tonight...... :woohoo: .......:thumb:

Nope, not interested. Ive already looked into a Douglas Prem XX 45 1-20 barrel swap for the ULA. Its around $700 to shoot sml sabots and BH209 sabotless. That is with the same contour i have now. So it would add some weight but not a terrible amount. Stock would need work for a heavier contour since its full length bedded. That would add much more weight.

Nope, not interested. Ive already looked into a Douglas Prem XX 45 1-20 barrel swap for the ULA. Its around $700 to shoot sml sabots and BH209 sabotless. That is with the same contour i have now. So it would add some weight but not a terrible amount. Stock would need work for a heavier contour since its full length bedded. That would add much more weight.
Wow ....i figured youd build a whole new lite 45 or possibly a 40 with the desired twist !!! Guess i figured wrong . I knew you wanted a NULA 45 only witb a better twist . I thought this Howa was a great oportunity to custom build esentially that for less money and have moduals too . Thats how i see it with capabilities far beyond a Ultralight Knight , even for bh209 let alone smokeless . Especially in a 400/408 with 250 to 300gr bullets . A sure-fire game changer .

Last edited:
Found it

The action is threaded for a 1" tenon and M22 threads . I think that should be plenty strong with a barrel nut system . The whole key to this thing will be to approach sml loads with caution . I dont think bh209 loads will be a problem at all , even really heavy ones bullet on bore . The Remage or Savage tenons and barrels are only .055 to .062 larger . No big deal . But the Howa action is significantly lighter , like a full pound or so !!! Thats nice for a carry gun !!!

I'm only building my mini Howa for blackhorn I'm never going to put smokeless loads in it,even though I'm sure the action and barrel could handle light loads I'm just never going to that place I have other smokeless guns I'll do that with

Latest posts

Back