Prepping for the .50 LR Sidelock Build

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Got my sights today :lewis: Now to install, and Level The Staff (If needed) Time to get busy :p My New Rice Barrel should be here Soon (32” .50 Cal, 1-24 Twist)

This is Lee Shaver’s Muzzleloader LR Soule “Economy Grade“ Sight, There was no reason to Go with his Super Grade this time around since I already have one on another Rifle, I can use the Hadley Eye Cup back n forth between the 2 Sights. The Front windage adjustment sight is Lee’s Ferriss Front Sight for his Ferriss Creedmoor Rifles (Not listed on his Site) I have 3 of these, They are AWESOME Sights :lewis:

HX6v4DA.jpg

Last edited:
Got my sights today :lewis: Now to install, and Level The Staff (If needed) Time to get busy :p My New Rice Barrel should be here Soon (32” .50 Cal, 1-24 Twist)

This is Lee Shaver’s Muzzleloader LR Soule “Economy Grade“ Sight, There was no reason to Go with his Super Grade this time around since I already have one on another Rifle, I can use the Hadley Eye Cup back n forth between the 2 Sights. The Front windage adjustment sight is Lee’s Ferriss Front Sight for his Ferriss Creedmoor Rifles (Not listed on his Site) I have 3 of these, They are AWESOME Sights :lewis:

HX6v4DA.jpg
I too went economy but my front is not adjustable for windage ,my flinching adjusts for that at least 1/2 the time in the right direction . If I gt my flinch in order maybe I will shoot better like you ,but nope not so far but I"m not a quitter

I am going to order the economy mid range with a Hadley cup for my project rifle.

I am going to order the economy mid range with a Hadley cup for my project rifle.

I am confident you will like it Ron, They are a High QUALITY sight at a Reasonable Price. This “Economy Grade” Looks & feels the same to me as my “Super Grade” there are very minor differences. The Reason i chose to go with the “Economy Grade” this time is That I already have a “Super Grade” Therefore i can Swap the Hadley Eye cup back & forth between the 2 Sights, it was a WIN WIN deal for me. As I said before, I feel the Hadley Eye cup is EXTREMELY Important! At least it is with my Eyesight.

Copied From Lee’s site
Product Description

The Economy model sights are a no frills “Soule” type tang sight with elevation and windage adjustments. They are not just a stripped down version of our other sights, they are an entirely different sight with a different base and detente spring design that is easier and cheaper to make. It also features only a standard eye cup with #10x32 threads, but the important parts of the sight (the adjustments) are made and fitted the same way as our more expensive sights. It features micrometer adjustments for windage, and vernier scale on the elevation, but also has ½ MOA marks on the elevation knob for more accurate elevation adjustments.
I typically tell potential buyers that it is all the sight 90% of the competitors actually need. It works like it is supposed to and does it at an economical price. I've sold thousands of them over the years with many happy repeat customers.

On the other hand as our eyes get older it is nice to have the “Hadley” style eye cup so we can adjust the hole size to the available light conditions. My standard #10x32 Hadley will screw right on this sight, and can be ordered at the same time as this sight, or added later.

I too went economy but my front is not adjustable for windage ,my flinching adjusts for that at least 1/2 the time in the right direction . If I gt my flinch in order maybe I will shoot better like you ,but nope not so far but I"m not a quitter

I wish we lived closer Ed, i would sure enjoy getting together with you guy’s and Shooting your 700 Yard range. Long range is TOUGH here North Idaho, This country is Mountains, Thick Timber, and Brush, I struggle to find places i can Shoot Long Range. I only get to do it a Handful of times a Year, We are Snowed in through the Winter months, it’s a Spring/Summer thing for me.

I wish we lived closer Ed, i would sure enjoy getting together with you guy’s and Shooting your 700 Yard range. Long range is TOUGH here North Idaho, This country is Mountains, Thick Timber, and Brush, I struggle to find places i can Shoot Long Range. I only get to do it a Handful of times a Year, We are Snowed in through the Winter months, it’s a Spring/Summer thing for me.
I struggle finding big deer that you have behind every tree :elmer:HA

Back