Primer Shortage and Future Outlook

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got lucky before all of this started and bought 80,000 primers from a reloader who due to health problems was selling out. I split them with a friend who reloads to help offset the cost. So have plenty of pistol and rifle primers but am down to around 1500 209s. I am going to try and find some T7 primers next week to use with my MK85 no need to waste my W209 shooting T7 through it. This whole situation has been a real eye opener for lots of folks.

Where’s that? Did they have any reloading supplies and powders?
A few.. they have had a restocked shelf about 5 or so times since this ammo/ powder shortage. I consider them a worth while place to check. They also still have pistol and rifle primers. I believe $10 to $15 a box though.

Them Cheddites work with BH ?
No idea I don't use bh and consider it a waste of good money personally as I have achieved great accuracy with bp, triple 7 and even pyrodex. It is of my opinion that it's the shooter and not the powder. I also don't try to win bench shooting matches with my muzzleloader. I have had great accuracy as stated with the other less expensive powders. Certainly good enough to drop a deer if I chose. That's just my opinion.

You can purchase the same golf clubs as tiger woods uses for enough money however, it doesn't mean you will play golf as well as him because you have his clubs.

Cheddite will work. Just remember they are quite short and will be better if you can get them to seal up. Might be a good choice when using the o-ring in a CVA QR type plug because they are short.

Back