Primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbull6x6

Reaction score
Ok there's gotta be some 209 primers some where out there.i'very tried I think everywhere I can think of .every store in Canada has them but can't ship to lower 48.anybody herd of any around?

In my humble opinion anyone who is paying these high prices for primers and ammo that they aren't in need of deserves the beating they are getting. The hoarders are just making things worse and are enabling unscrupulous people to jack up the prices. Somebody is making a ton of money off this scam and it ain't me

Yah i'very got an if stuff to keep me going through summer.so i'my backing off till restocking gets going not gonna pay 3/4 times norm.

Hey anybody use Hubbard's boot grease to lube conical straight out a the can or is it to loosey.goosy?

Just for the heck of it I searched for percussion caps on gunbroker. The current bid on some Dynamit Nobel 10.75 caps is $52 for 100 caps. By the time they would get shipped and add sales tax they would come to about 64 cents per cap. Sheez, sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Ok there's gotta be some 209 primers some where out there.i'very tried I think everywhere I can think of .every store in Canada has them but can't ship to lower 48.anybody herd of any around?
They are pretty scarce in Canada right now too. Trust me, there isn't much on the shelf in Ontario. I went looking for a guy from South of the border to see if I could get him some. Lots of Chedditte 209 but very little W209, Fed 209A & CCI 209M. I went looking for #11"s yesterday and everywhere I tried in Ontario was out. Powder is getting that way too. I recently picked up the last 10oz of BH209 in the town that I live in. I only got that because the stock list on the website was wrong showing "out of stock" and they had one bottle tucked away at the back of the shelf.

It's the hoarders that are making this bad for everyone up here.

You can’t buy ANYTHING Popular Reloading Component wise right now ANYWHERE around here, No primers of ANY Kind, Gun Powder of ANY Kind, Bullets, Brass Etc. Same goes for Loaded Ammo. The Shelves are EMPTY.

The ONLY stuff i see is Odd/Obsolete Stuff, And a Small amount of the Large Pistol Stuff like .454 Casul, .500 S&W, That’s it

I don’t see it getting better anytime soon? Just trying to Re-stock what is Gone will be a GIANT Task, that Takes years to Fill. I believe we are in for a LONG Ride, I hope I’m wrong...... But I’ll bet I’m not

I would guess it will be this way the next four years.

Not counting the politics, if COVID was over today, it would take 9 months to a year to get everything restocked

I would guess it will be this way the next four years.

Not counting the politics, if COVID was over today, it would take 9 months to a year to get everything restocked

Last I heard, most of the manufactures are saying that if things went back to normal today and they stopped taking new orders it would take them at least two years to to fill their current orders, some saying as many as 6.

Luckily my LGS has percussion caps available; I just purchased 3000 (mix of CCI and Remington #10s and #11s) and several hundred 209s just last week...

From everything I have been reading, the shortages are demand driven and the manufacturers are and have been producing product at unprecedented levels. I do wonder if their production has shifted away from component items like primers.

From everything I have been reading, the shortages are demand driven and the manufacturers are and have been producing product at unprecedented levels. I do wonder if their production has shifted away from component items like primers.

loaded ammunition gets priority for primers, then selling primers to the commercial market for (re)loading is secondary...

Hopefully they will return to supply before we need pictures to remind us of what they look like.

Nobody has to have primers to exist.

Is your rifle worth a a dollar a shot?

Back