Problem solved.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my second range time with my new DE and I’ve found the problem with my accuracy as you can see in the picture and yes you have to zoom in because I did not turn on the flash light.
Look closely at the top.
One of the petals got crush because I had to push so hard to get it started and push up to the side of the bullet, load I was using was knight sabots and yes first time using knight sabot with 250 gr xtp and I also noticed the bullet does not set all the way down on the sabot when I put the bullet in sabot.
So I had another brand of sabot with me so I tried them and had no problems.
I’m just saying if you have to push hard to get it started and your accuracy is not what you want then you might want to check your sabot when you start them down the barrel.
And make sure bullets set all the way down on sabot.

Attachments

• FAC0433E-3962-4B3C-A5E2-2DA3036D898B.jpeg
    FAC0433E-3962-4B3C-A5E2-2DA3036D898B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
That definitely would have some effects on accuracy. Not good.

You need to get universal loading tips for your ramrod and short starter that will eliminate that problem. I shoot 185 gr .452" XTPs out of my T/C Encore 50 cal pistol. These are placed in a Harvester black CR sabot and the bullet sets down in the sabot quite a bit but the sabot doesn't get damaged like that.
https://cva.com/product/universal-ramrod-loading-tip/

Latest posts

Back