Proposed Muzzleloader Bear Season in Pennsylvania

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Donkey

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have heard yet, but the Pennsylvania Game Commission has proposed a week long muzzleloader black bear season to run concurrent with the early muzzleloader antlerless deer season. The antlerless season usually is the second full week of October. This is an excellent opportunity to try for a PA black bear before any of them den up before the regular firearms bear season gets underway.

Final approval for the muzzleloader bear season is going to be voted on at the PGC Board of Commissioners meeting in April. I will post updates!

I hope it passes ,which it should. I have a camp in NY, usually ny's deer season opens the same weekend as our bear, so I always miss our bear. I'm in Bradford county PA.

It's getting a lot of positive reviews from hunters. It will be followed by 2 weeks of archery bear. That's enough to make me move my trailcams up to the Poconos and make the 1.5 hour drive early in the morning to hunt bear and deer in October.

Latest posts

Back