Question on Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacecars

Reaction score
I just pulled the barreled action out of my Laminated stock Super 91 and found that it has been bedded. Was this standard or does it mean it was “accurized”?

Thanks Flounder. Whoever did it did an excellent job. I have seen some really crappy jobs

I have seen some interesting discussions on floating the barrels on White Rifles. Some well respected shooters prefer to see the stock putting some pressure on the barrel towards the end.My super safari is the furthest thing from free floated that I can imagine. It is very accurate. Best way to know is to shoot it.

I just finished cutting a Delrin rid and attaching the jag for the new ramrod. It is a lot quieter than the aluminum one. I am going to give it a few shots this week I hope. I want to find a front sight for it just because I think muzzleloaders look better with at least a front sight even though it is scoped. The rear sight wouldn’t work because of the scope being mounted low and the objective is where it attaches. I might try to find a QD rear peep sight that fits the Warne bases. I love this gun and haven’t even shot it yet

I will see how accurate it is and can always add a pad or bed it for contact at the end of the stock if it needs it. Luckily that is easy to experiment with.

If Doc did it you'll see his initials engraved in it

I will see how accurate it is and can always add a pad or bed it for contact at the end of the stock if it needs it. Luckily that is easy to experiment with.
Just shoot it with out anything on the end then take a piece of tape maybe 10 or 20 mil depending on float gap and shoot again see which is better also verify the ramrod not putting upward pressure on barrel. When I do a bedding job I always bed about the first 3-4 " in front of action then float the rest making sure the ramrod not affecting barrel harmonics

Back