Question on White Breech plug ???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just replaced 3 of my breech plugs in my Whites with new ones as the holes in the old ones look huge compared to the new..
Are the White plugs to short to install a vent liner in them?

Don't know about that but I'm pretty sure Bestill can install removable #11 or Musket Nipples. I was going to have him do it for me a while ago, but too many things have come up.

Ed your right I completely forgot about that , I talked to Jeff about that awhile back totally spaced it. thanks for reminding me.

Ron has converted a couple of my White plugs for removable vent liners. they work great

Man how many shots do you think you've taken to notice a size difference by the human eye...

There a few variants of white plugs, some longer then others if I recall. I'd have to compare my s91-11 to my thunderbolt when I get home.

these are the plugs that were in my guns when I bought them from previous owners so hard telling how many shots, but a big difference between new/old even with naked eye so guessing they are wore out.. guns shot good groups but not super tight and these plugs may of been the reason.
I haven't shot any of the guns a lot, usually don't have much of time to just sit and shoot.

I've got a email in to Steve at White also to see if he has any breech plugs left.. I had heard the plugs couldn't hardly be worn out but unless these plugs came with a larger hole then they have extreme wear.

Last edited:
I have shot about 2400 rds though my 97, #11 breech plug still looks like new to me

White made two style breech plugs. One with thinner walls with a wide cup for loose powder and another with thicker walls that was wide enough to accommodate pellets. Either one works great with loose powder.

Guess I need to shoot more, I compared all my new plugs to current use ones and the flash hole is the same .

Will it wear out more with 209 or #11?

Latest posts

Back