Randall All Purpose Fighting Knife

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
model-1_03.png

Here's one of my favorite knives - a "Randall All Purpose Fighting Knife" (still new in my Randall Knife Collection of seven knives). 

This is the knife made famous by Allied combat troops in World War II and since widely used in all theaters of war. Blade made from 1/4” stock. Top cutting edge sharpened approximately 3 inches. Handle length from 4 3/4” to 5”.

These knifes have really gone up in valuable. Didn't realize how much until we had this last move and came up missing (5) handguns and misc. other items this passed couple of weeks with mult searches and turned up nothing. The knives were not touched. Now the police are involved talking to the movers. You have something like this happen and your sick .....

I hope they are only misplaced. I hate thieves who steal for the thrill or profit. Thankfully I have never had a knife or a gun stolen but have had tools stolen from my garage.

The Gov't. moved us from Alaska to Ohio 13 years ago.  Of all the several hundred boxes only one was opened; it had 3 rifles and a Ruger Blackhawk.  The pistol was gone.  The shipping company said it couldn't have been any of their employees but it sure was strange that the only box opened was that one.  And, they sent me a check for a new one + what I had paid to have it refinished, no questions asked. Hmmm....

Winter Hawk said:
The Gov't. moved us from Alaska to Ohio 13 years ago.  Of all the several hundred boxes only one was opened; it had 3 rifles and a Ruger Blackhawk.  The pistol was gone.  The shipping company said it couldn't have been any of their employees but it sure was strange that the only box opened was that one.  And, they sent me a check for a new one + what I had paid to have it refinished, no questions asked. Hmmm....
We had a visit from the local police department on Friday evening about our missing items after I sent in their forum on Wed. afternoon. My biggest concern was the guns being used in a crime and the cops want to tag me for the issue.

Here's my letter to the movers, police, insurance, and the NRA. By sending this to all of them everyone is informed and the police and NRA put the guns on the National Register showing them stolen. The correct way to protect your tailfeathers.

We moved from Holbrook Farms in Lehi on May 7th and 8th to our current address in Lehi. We really watched our moving company handling the process, this move took us between 15 and 16 hours. We thought all valuables were really packed well and out of sight (we were mistaken). The number of hours worked to their adavatage in our case. 

Since this move with Baileys Moving from Salt Lake City we have found we are missing some items from the kitchen, garage and the box with (5) handguns. Karen is trying to remember everything she can't find from the kitchen as am I with items missing from the garage and basement.

I know what I'm missing for guns (all handguns): (5) total =
(1) Ruger Single Six .22LR/.22MAG conv. <a href='/tags/260-XXXXX-' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #260-XXXXX-'>#260-XXXXX-</a> 6-1/2" barrel,
(1) Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite -4-1/4" barrel - Threaded w/ Burris Fast Fire scope <a href='/tags/275-XXXXX' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #275-XXXXX'>#275-XXXXX</a> .22LR.
(1) Ruger Black Hawk 38 Spl./.357 MAG/9MM conv., 4.5/8" barrel <a href='/tags/37-XXXXX' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #37-XXXXX'>#37-XXXXX</a>.
(1) Rock Island Armory 1911 A1 [9MM] <a href='/tags/RIA1-XXXXX' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #RIA1-XXXXX'>#RIA1-XXXXX</a>, 5" barrel.
(1) Antique Wilson Officers Pistol era 1790-1815 standard issue flintlock pistol, .69 cal. 9" barrel NRA excellent condition.

All were in the heavy duty padded pistol cases. The Rugers are allnew-unfired as is the RIA 1911 A1.

Missing in the garage that stands out are:
(1) electric high pressure washer
(1) wet/dry vacumn

Missing from the kitchen that stands out are:
(1) box of a half dozen types of cooking vinegars (Imported).
(1) picinic box with plates, forks, knives, spoons and cups.

We have searched from top to bottom looking for our items, each box at lease 3-4 times all stored within a safe house. It has taken us 2 months to unpack our wares then do inventory.

I hate making a police report thinking those damn guns are hiding on us but on the other hand don't want them in the wrong hands either. Our insurance company along with the NRA will do their thing to hopefully recover our missing items.

:scratch: 

OldMtnMan said:
They bought your silence.
They won't buy my silence Pete, I'll tell anyone that will listen about this moving company. The worst move in probably 40 years, guess that's what we get for collecting a few nice items. 

Told the wife in the next life everything we own will be carried on our backs like the camel jockeys ...

The one detective told us these guys (movers) use a metal detector on the boxes ... bastards.

When i was in the Army coming back from Germany in the early 70's I had 2 screw barrel black powder pistols I bought in Germany both nice antiques and a custom made 75 cal black powder cannon made in the machine shop I was in. Everything was all packed in a big overseas wood crate and had a seal put on by customs inspector while I watched . When it arrived at my next duty station it had a different seal by number on it . my cannon and the 2 pistols were missing along with several dolls that my 2 year old daughter had from Germany ,France , Holland and Belgium . They wouldnt do anything for me to find my stuff . Sent me a check for 250.00 .

Buck Conner said:
(1) Ruger Single Six .22LR/.22MAG conv. <a href='/tags/260-XXXXX-' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #260-XXXXX-'>#260-XXXXX-</a> 6-1/2" barrel,
(1) Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite -4-1/4" barrel - Threaded w/ Burris Fast Fire scope <a href='/tags/275-XXXXX' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #275-XXXXX'>#275-XXXXX</a> .22LR.
(1) Ruger Black Hawk 38 Spl./.357 MAG/9MM conv., 4.5/8" barrel <a href='/tags/37-XXXXX' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #37-XXXXX'>#37-XXXXX</a>.
(1) Rock Island Armory 1911 A1 [9MM] <a href='/tags/RIA1-XXXXX' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #RIA1-XXXXX'>#RIA1-XXXXX</a>, 5" barrel.
(1) Antique Wilson Officers Pistol era 1790-1815 standard issue flintlock pistol, .69 cal. 9" barrel NRA excellent condition.

OldMtnMan said:
They bought your silence.
I tell everyone about this but it doesn't seem to do much!  I'm sure the gun went to Juneau with the packing crew but unless it is sold and the serial number checked, there is not much the State Troopers can do.   :cry:

~WH~

Do you have house insurance with firearm coverage? That may help with some of the loss....

Buck, what is the name of the moving company so that others may not use it for their transfers?

Bailey Moving & Storage in Salt Lake City, their parent company is Allied Van Lines. They are still jacking me around on settling on these missing items. !@#$%^  :evil:

Back